LegacyGT.com

Tirerack Bridgestone S-03 Pole positions $115 each (225/45ZR18 only)

Artmasterx

Just thought I would throw it out there that Tirerack has the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions for $115 a piece in the 225/45ZR18 size. It is a closeout sale, so supply is likely limited. Original price was supposedly $234.

link

These would be about 1.4% faster on the speedometer than the stock size for the LGT spec.B. They also specify a rim range of 7-8", but I have heard there can be problems getting someone to install them for you...

Hope this helps someone out. I am debating picking a spec.B later this year and am bummed about the lack of options in the OEM 215/45 18 size.

I cannot personally vouch for its quality, but in the stuff I read on Tirerack, it is good (probably not for $230, but very good for $115).

It ranked 6th in the max performance survey, ahead of the re050a (stock spec.B) by 3 spots, and 2 spots behind the Eagle GS-D3.

In general, it looks like it is just short of something like GS-D3 or a re050 pole position, but a really good tire.

Here are a couple of comparisons on Tirerack: link

I've been riding on S-03 225/45/18s for the past two years, and they are very good tires. I don't track or race, so I can't vouch for them at the limits, but they have always provided me with excellent grip in daily or spirited driving, wet or dry. Plus they are big enough to really keep a Spec B/Pink suspension very comfortable, and they fill out the wheel wells nicely. However, I wouldn't recommend them if your car is slammed or you have low offset (less than +48 mm) rims.

Archived