LegacyGT.com

How long did it take you...

to get a speeding ticket in your new GT? :rolleyes:

I picked up the car at 2:00 this afternoon, and just a few minutes ago at 10 I was having a friendly chat with an officer on the side of the road. The guy was camped out on the road that I live on, about a half mile from my house. Needless to say I was driving a bit fast, I have driven this road for almost 10 years, I KNOW its quirks.

When I came around the corner he was facing in the opposite direction, after having just pulled someone else over and given them a ticket. He was just getting back into his car when I came over the crest of the hill and around the bend, in that classic Legacy 4-wheel drift :rolleyes: oops.

Luckily there was no way he could have gotten my speed, and he was out of tickets having just written his last one. "You'll be seeing yours in the mail" he said.

I suspect it will be for reckless driving, as he could only estimate my speed. In any case, it will be one to fight.

Boy! You don't waste any time, do you? Ever hear of a "break-in period"? J/k. I have never heard of a situation like yours. Good luck. I do know 1 thing for sure...your car will be even faster as the motor loosens up, so expect more (in number & cost) tickets. Is there a donut/doughnut shop nearby? Just wondering.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

I guess it wont take a crystal ball to see I will get a ticket in this machine. I have been driving for almost 17 years and have never gotten a ticket of any kind, way ,shape or form. Yes this includes plenty of street time in the SS :lol: I have just been very lucky and I am well aware of that.

I haven't gotten a ticket in the Subaru. I would like to say not YET but who knows. Yeah, this car is a blast to drive fast, but it isn't my fast car. One more ticket within the next 4 months and I won't be driving. That isn't cool. So I've been trying to keep the driving to my 94 Toyota truck. Complete turd, I can't go fast.

I haven't gotten a ticket in the Subaru. I would like to say not YET but who knows. Yeah, this car is a blast to drive fast, but it isn't my fast car. One more ticket within the next 4 months and I won't be driving. That isn't cool. So I've been trying to keep the driving to my 94 Toyota truck. Complete turd, I can't go fast.

That's funny, I got more tickets in my '91 Toyota truck than anything else I've ever had :lol:

I got my first warning at the 6-day mark, blowing past a K-9 unit on a deserted access road at about twice the speed limit (and still under 4k RPMs!). The only reason I was spared a ticket 'cause I was driving a Subaru station wagon and am not a spiky haired 17-year-old. :)

No ticket for me in the new Legacy, but I did get one in my old 1993 Legacy L. It wasn't for speeding. I was going slow to the grocery store and was surprised to see a cop behind me with lights on. It was a young woman cop, probably her first year. She told me, "You used your turn signal back there, but you didn't use it long enough. Florida law states that you must use your turn signal at least 100 ft before making a turn."!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!

Hey cops, go find some real criminals causing real crimes.

Hey cops, go find some real criminals causing real crimes.
Not using your turn signal at all would have been a crime if you ask me. Unless you used it mid-turn, stopping you for not using it enough is a bit much.

-Casey

since sept, ive gotten the following:

running red light caught on camera: 35$

rolling on a stop sign: 90$ plus 3 points

rolling on another stop sign: pending court date 06/05

not wearing seatbelt (i swear to god i was wearing it!): pending court date 03/05

the grin on my face driving a manual 05 legacy gt: priceless......

Everytime I went into the dealership for the regular oil change and the carpet hook thingie, the Subaru manager would always ask me whether I got a ticket or not. Then it happened, after about 2 and half months from getting my car, I got a ticket for reckless driving and endangerment 74 in a 45. I wasn't reckless or endangering anybody because:

- Nobody was infront of me

- 4 lane road with a very wide center island with moderate vegetation

- Didn't exhibit weaving or loss of control

- I was in the right lane

- I pulled over asap in a safe manner

basically I was following almost every traffic law and the only thing they can probably claim I was endangering is the asphalt.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

They can say that if they had any evidence that I put myself in a dangerous situation, but I didn't. The only situation where I could have been endangering myself is if :

- it was raining, snowing or because of any adverse conditions ( which wasn't the case )

- the roads were moving, waving because of an earthquake ( I don't think I felt it )

- there was construction on the road ( again, wasn't the case )

- the road had pedestrians that could accidentally jump in the middle of the road ( again, there were none )

- the road was in bad condition, i.e. potholes ( again, wasn't the case )

- the road wasn't lighted enough for me to see clearly, ( again, wasn't the case )

- the road had signs of possible animal crossing ( again , wasn't the case )

- the road had blind turns and dangerous winding ( again, wasn't the case )

That is what I could think of, if I missed something please tell me because I would like to know so I can watch out for it.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

IIRC wreckless driving is doing more than 15mph over the posted speed limit. It doesn't matter that there's nothing out there to endanger. Laws don't have to make sense. :)

Got my first ticket in 3 years about after about 4 months. I was pretty proud of myself that I lasted so long! (although I had a few close calls). The sad thing is I wasn't even trying to speed- just drifted up without paying attention!

tom

tom :)

Archived