LegacyGT.com

Performance Mods and gas mileage..

I would really like to put a cold air intake on my 05 GT wagon but the last thing I want to do is decrease the gas mileage. I have heard that some mods actually improve efficiency, is that true? Please let me know what your experiences are with mods and gas mileage.

thanks TonyC

I got a Weapon-R short ram and it definately has improved my fuel efficiency by about 2 mpg on average. However, since my 2.5L is not turbocharged and can't speak for how it would respond to yours. Honestly though, I don't think it can hurt.

generally speaking, helping a motor breath easier will give you better gas mileage. but... an intake without a tune has been known to cause problems on the turbo motors.

you can find tons of good information if you do a search.

I gained a couple of miles per gallon when I installed my SPT intake. I currently get 28 MPG highway with the following mods:

V1 AccessPort

TiTekCatless UP

Invidia DP w/highflow cat

MR catback

SPT intake

My car is an 06 LGT manual.

Cheers!

On turbo motors a CAI is of marginal value unless you go with a proper tune after installation. Go with a "Low restriction" air filter and a cat back exhaust....I have an AVO flat panel filter (Did the airbox mod where you remove the lower intake noise supressor) and an AVO cat back exhaust....a bit better mileage, a bit better performance and a great sound....not loud but throaty........Enjoy your car:):)

Archived