LegacyGT.com

What kind of air filter?

I'm just about to replace the air filter and wanted to know what you all suggest. I want to stay with the stock intake for many reasons (mostly due to warranty and cost) but still want what is best for my car.

Is anyone using a K&N Drop in filter? Is it worth the $50? Or should I just stick with OEM and keep it that way until I get an intake (IF that is...). Is there anything that is better?

Thanks for the input!

I wouldstay away from K&N. Too many horror stories with MAFs.

I am using the Perrin filter as the Oil is thicker then the K&N and less likely to clog your MAF. If I didn't have the perrin filter I would stick with stock.

I've got a K&N in my Corolla that I really like, but there was nothing like the AVO filter for the Legacy. It was a great replacement. You can really hear the blow off after changing over to that. It isn't something that everybody on the road hears, but it reminds you that you have a turbo. I got a little bump in the MPG after putting that filter in too. I got a bigger bump in mpg with the K&N in the 'rolla, but it isn't hard to do on a car like that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived