LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Limited, 32.000 miles. Break problem?

Hi,

I have looked at 05 Legacy GT limited yesterday to buy with 32000 mile son it. Everything was great except the break pedel went all the way to the floor and the car did not stop well. There was no pounding sound or anything. The dealer says this car is Subaru pre-owned certified and wants $20.000 for it. As far as I know in order to be Subaru certified car has to pass an inspection and since they claim it is certified why are the breaks not adjusted? Anyway he said they will detail the car and fix the breaks next week.

Do you think it is a warning sign not to buy this car?

This is a Subaru dealership and I am going to wait until the car is ready and breaks are fixed.

They have to fix the brakes regardless. Tell them to fix the brakes, then you want to take it for another test drive.

Also, you should take it to an independent inspector to have the vehicle inspected again. Perhaps they didn't do anything to fix the brakes?

Anyway, I found that when I bought my LGT, after I bled the brakes, the pedal feedback was waay better. The pedal didn't have to go as far before the brakes engaged.

LaterZ!

Darren!!

$20k is too much.

Got mine for $16.5k with 55k miles.. You should talk them down another $1000, or more.

I was about to sign a 2005 OBP GT Limited 5mt w/ 16k miles @ $19k..

I also found a few options for $16-$17K with 55.000-60.000 millage but not certified and no warranty. But I am not sure if it's a good deal.

By the way, not sure how much certified means anyway.

I test drove a "certified" Acura a few months back. I noticed the steering wheel was shaking like crazy when braking. When I got back I asked if the "certification was already completed. The dealer said yes. The car was already to go. I then told him it needs brakes, and or re alignment. Just my two cents anyway. I was quite surprised considering the price tag.

Well as long as everyone else is bragging, I got mine December 12th with 26K with the homelink, window tints, XM Commander, OEM sub, raised arm rest, and spoiler for $18.9K!!!:wub:

Back on track- I agree with an independent inspection... and pull up your floor mats and inspect the carpet for yourself prior to offering any money!

Also search on autotrader to view the deals of similar cars and show them your results with a price in mind that they must meet...You won't be disappointed with this car!

Archived