LegacyGT.com

Subaru 75W90 Extra S fluid - anyone need? have some in NYC left

iNVAR

Hiya all. I realize this is my first post here, so I hope this isn't against any rules. I'm not looking to make money or anything; just looking to help out any fellow Legacy owners that need some of this stuff.

I recently bought a bucket of Subaru Extra S 75W90 transmission fluid from http://www.thekingofparts.com and it cost me quite a bit. Came out to about $150 shipped for 5 gallons. Being that I have a 2005 LGT w/5MT, I did a complete drain and refill for the front and rear, which used up about 1-1.5 gallons, meaning I have a good 3-3.5 gallons left.

If anybody needs some of this stuff and doesn't want to order the whole drum like I did, I'd be willing to let it go at the cost I got it for, which is $30 per gallon. Otherwise, the stuff's just going to sit in my garage for a very long time (until my next fluid change) :)

Just throwing it out there.

levish, i'd like to hang on to some of the stuff for future use, so i'm not looking to get rid of all of it. the drum was 5 gallons, and i figure i used just about 1.25 gallons of it at most (probably a little less), meaning there's about 3.75 left of it. if i leave enough for another service some time in the future, that means i can let go of about 2.5 gallons (10 qts), which would be just about $75.

i guess we can either pour 2.5 gallons out for you, or i can pour 1.25 out for myself and you can take the 2.5 in the drum. whatever's easiest.

Archived