LegacyGT.com

5EAT owners please chime in

XLeezardx

Guys,

The 'click' just as you move from a stop is most likely a brake pad. Pads 'float' on springs to prevent squeal. They often stick to the caliper after sitting overnight. Pad clicks free as you start to drive.

Just a guess, but I'll bet that is the noise! (normal)

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/nasioc-banner.gif

Don't tell me you love Jatco ;)

My Legacy GT is a far cry from what it was when I bought it. While the basic car is indeed Subaru, composed of their chosen selection of components, I have changed much of it to my own specifications. And the direct answer is, yes, I prefer this car over both what it was as well as what I could have for the price.

Specifically I prefer an automatic transmission. Years ago I had a performance car with the best automatic at the time, a THM400, modified. I broke it.... actually I destroyed it :). After that I built my own. It never broke. One pursues what they want until they have it and it is rarely OEM.

I broke this Legacy's automatic transmission through abusive driving and far more power than it came with or was designed to handle. I do not fault Subaru or the transmission they chose. When I visit my dealership and order parts they have come to know me well, I buy a lot of stuff there. And there is no ambiguity about why, I am proud to say 'it ain't stock,' the warranty is my own.

It might help to have some of my car history to understand. I bought my first Buick out of the showroom in 1968. The next in 1969, another in 1971, and so on. I figured Buick was a good name and a quality manufacturer. For the time perhaps it was, but all those cars I bought back them of American manufacture were pieces of shit, quality-wise. After only a few weeks of ownership one of those first cars sat in a dealership having its transmission rebuilt for six weeks, and that was just one of the problems. Such was the quality of American cars.

The reason foreign manufacturers of cars like Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, Subaru and the rest came to take the market share from GM, Ford, etc is because they built cars that worked, had good quality, and offered more for the money. That hasn't changed IMO. My last two American cars, both bought from showrooms, were Chevrolets. One left me stranded in a New England blizzard with 11k on the clock. The LAST one was such a steaming heap every part of it broke not once but multiple times, from the engine, transmission, clutch, water pumps, etc. down. I put almost as much repairs into it as it cost by the time I had paid it off.

I traded that last American car for a Subaru in 1991. I have owned several now and haven't changed my opinion of them since it was formed shortly after I got the first one, I won't own a car other than Subaru. And of all the Subarus I have owned I like this Legacy 2.5GT the best.

Answered?

Answered. I will never stop scratching my head why an enthusiasts would pick an auto box, let alone one like our Jatco, but to each his own. I am glad you got your problems sorted out and enjoying your car!

Btw, in a way the insistence on making the slushbox work with extra power is to be admired....

I went from a 5 speed Frontier and a 6 speed S2000 to a Legacy GT 5EAT. I am car enthusiast, but I didnt choose the LGT for racing, I choose this mid-size family sedan for long daily driving commutes. It was a pain in the ass to drive 6 hours out of town in my S2000 and cant carry passengers. My truck was a pain in the ass in stop and go traffic. Trucks and Family cars will always be AT and Sports cars will always be MT for me.

Answered. I will never stop scratching my head why an enthusiasts would pick an auto box, let alone one like our Jatco, but to each his own. I am glad you got your problems sorted out and enjoying your car!

Btw, in a way the insistence on making the slushbox work with extra power is to be admired....

sometimes, it's about doing something that not everyone else does. ;) like mod an auto-tragic.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Guys,

The 'click' just as you move from a stop is most likely a brake pad. Pads 'float' on springs to prevent squeal. They often stick to the caliper after sitting overnight. Pad clicks free as you start to drive.

Just a guess, but I'll bet that is the noise! (normal)

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

You are probably right.

Archived