LegacyGT.com

Intake recommendations

cmraman

Well by searching you will find that no one really suggest using an intake unless you need one for a biiger turbo, or you are having the car dyno tuned.

However, if you want one, the SPT one is apprently not the way to go. it heats up radically at idle and increases iat, which hot air in is no good. typhoon is the way to do it

Well by searching you will find that no one really suggest using an intake unless you need one for a biiger turbo, or you are having the car dyno tuned.

However, if you want one, the SPT one is apprently not the way to go. it heats up radically at idle and increases iat, which hot air in is no good. typhoon is the way to do it

Thanks. but what is the difference if it is the stock turbo or not?

easy answer. the stock intake system is capable of handling up to 400hp. it is a well flowing system. just save yourself some heartache. if you do not get tuned for a CAI your car will run like pure shit and it will do more harm than good. simple.

dont believe me then search around.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

easy answer. the stock intake system is capable of handling up to 400hp. it is a well flowing system. just save yourself some heartache. if you do not get tuned for a CAI your car will run like pure shit and it will do more harm than good. simple.

dont believe me then search around.

Forgive for my ignorance, I would have the car tuned for the intake? CAI?

CAI=Cold air intake. you WILL have to get the car professionally tuned yes. if you dont your car will run like shit.

OTM.

CAI=Cold air intake. you WILL have to get the car professionally tuned yes. if you dont your car will run like shit.

Thanks for the advice. Will the Cobb programmer help with this? I was thinking about this as well.

no it will not help. you will actually have to take it to a tuner and get tuned for it. A COBB AP ( Access Port ) will not do anything for what you are wanting.

OTM.

no it will not help. you will actually have to take it to a tuner and get tuned for it. A COBB AP ( Access Port ) will not do anything for what you are wanting.

If I tune the car, then will I see gains with the Access port?

you have to be real, right? : pinches_self : ...ouch...

if you use the search feature located @ the top right of each page, i think you may find what you are looking for.

these are some of the places you should start....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67940

http://legacygt.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=40

& only after those threads should you look here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Question for you guys, I am planning on purchasing a K & N intake because I have every other bolt on except for an intake and am getting protuned in february. I know the gains are minimal, but this is my first turbo car and I have learn to love all the sounds associated with it. ;) My tuner is 1 1/2 hour away, I will have to take the highway to get there probably be at 3k rpm most of the drive, ideally I wanted put the intake on in my garage the morning before I head out. But I could get to the tuners early and do the install fairly quickly in the parking lot when I get to the tuner. Question for you is, how bad would it be for me to make the 1 1/2 hour drive on the highway with the intake untuned on a cobb stage 2 base map? Haha after rereading my post I think I already know I should just put on the intake in the parking lot of tuner.:redface:

Question for you guys, I am planning on purchasing a K & N intake because I have every other bolt on except for an intake and am getting protuned in february. I know the gains are minimal, but this is my first turbo car and I have learn to love all the sounds associated with it. ;) My tuner is 1 1/2 hour away, I will have to take the highway to get there probably be at 3k rpm most of the drive, ideally I wanted put the intake on in my garage the morning before I head out. But I could get to the tuners early and do the install fairly quickly in the parking lot when I get to the tuner. Question for you is, how bad would it be for me to make the 1 1/2 hour drive on the highway with the intake untuned on a cobb stage 2 base map? Haha after rereading my post I think I already know I should just put on the intake on in the parking lot of tuner.:redface:

you'll be fine.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Get a drop in replacement air filter....better mod than a CAI.

Agree with the comments about the CAI.

Save the $250-300 that you would pay for a CAI and get a replacement drop in panel filter like the Perrin or AVO.

Archived