LegacyGT.com

Perrin Turbo Inlet

IIRC, the WRX P/N supersedes the Legacy P/N in the Subaru parts system. When I was upgrading to the Perrin V2 - which is an 08+ WRX-specific version - I wanted to replace the BPV hose (BPVH) at the same time. All I could get was the WRX one. It's marginally longer, but the Perrin BPV connection is also further forward on the TIH, relative to the Legacy TIH, so not only does the BPVH have to run further forward, that means that there's not a lot of room for the Purge Valve and Boost Solenoid to fit-in where they previously were mounted.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 9 months later...
Yep just take that off and let it dangle somewhere. The white piece just fits inside the hose it's not a part of it. I tucked mine underneath the intake manifold.

Reviving this....

Doing the install right now, with the manifold off, and I got to this hose...I replaced the whole thing with a 1/2" heater hose and one of the supplied elbows they gave me. I removed the pin from the socket and put it in the connector then taped it up. Should I not do this and just plug that hole on the inlet while letting the original hose dangle?

Reviving this....

Doing the install right now, with the manifold off, and I got to this hose...I replaced the whole thing with a 1/2" heater hose and one of the supplied elbows they gave me. I removed the pin from the socket and put it in the connector then taped it up. Should I not do this and just plug that hole on the inlet while letting the original hose dangle?

Hmm, I think you have done it correctly. As long as you slip the white piece of the OEM hose & keep the grey plug connected to it, you shouldn't have issue. Snap a pic if you can...

It looks like you did it properly. If I recall (I did this like 2 yrs ago) you had to cut/shorten the oem crankcase hose (the one with the diagnostic plug) to fit the new inlet hose., but it seems like you just replaced it completely. I just looked at mine and it look exactly like your pics. I'm not going to take intake manifold off to make sure tho :p

(If you haven't seen this : http://perrinperformance.com/attachment/78722-.pdf)

• 4 months later...

So I am now installing a Perrin inlet and I am about to lose my mind. Till I read this. My question is, can I just cap the top spigot on the inlet? I've already moved the blow by sensor pin to its correct spot. So...

Gotta love Limp MODE!

Wouldn't see why not. I removed the hose with the white plug on it and just used a heater hose from the auto parts store to put in place of it. Been like that for about 1000 miles with no issues. That I know of.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ok.. inlet is in and car is running like shit. Rough idle, all 4 cylinders detected a misfire, hesitation on acceleration. Vacuum line? Has to be a leak somewhere? Heard what sounded like a growing noise from the drivers side under the hood upon deacceleration? Maybe TMIC throttle body pipe is not fully on???

Gotta love Limp MODE!

So what I found was that the small BOV hose had disconnected it self from the intake mani. Causing the car to idle poorly and pop up the misfire codes. All is good in the hood now. Very happy with the response, and how the car is running. Next TMIC!! Then a tune from Turning Alliance we should be all gravy!

Gotta love Limp MODE!

Archived