LegacyGT.com

Intermittent wiper clicking noise

jarnold

Somewhere around mile 1700, I was sitting in traffic with the wipers on intermittent, when suddenly I hear a clicking noise. Right after the wipers return to their start position, there is a soft click, then a pause, then the wipers wipe, then another click. Rinse, repeat. It only clicks on intermittent, works silently on the other speeds.

Anyone experienced this? found a fix? I will be bringing in to the dealer for first oil change and mention it along with my squeaky clutch pedal but I thought I might be able to give them a heads up if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Thanks,

Jeremy

The only thing that's strange is that it did not make the sound previously to 1700 miles. I was sitting stuck in traffic with the radio off and the wipers going when the sound just started to happen. It was either non-existent or not nearly as noticeable in either of my previous cars, including my WRX.

Jeremy

The only thing that's strange is that it did not make the sound previously to 1700 miles. I was sitting stuck in traffic with the radio off and the wipers going when the sound just started to happen. It was either non-existent or not nearly as noticeable in either of my previous cars, including my WRX.

Oddly, it's been more or less noticeable in our '04 Forester and '05 Outback on different days. Seems normal to fluctuate in terms of how obvious it becomes, unfortunately.

- wader

different types of relays make different amounts of noise, in my experience. if it really drives you crazy, you could always experiment with some different types. but there is nothing abnormal about the oem one (and yes, mine makes a slight clicking noise too).
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Archived