LegacyGT.com

Will this tire and offset work?

fredrik_wt

I plan to buy new 18" rims and tires for my legacy, but the thing is that I soon will change my legacy to an outback...

so If I got a rim 18" (widness I dont know, about 7.5" maybe?) what is the biggest tire I can fit in at a legacy 2.5i wagon, the suspension is stock, no lowering or thing like that....

For the outback, is it possible to run with 235/50R18 without rubbing??? As I got it the outbacks offset is a bit lower right??

Today the car have 205/55R16 and thats looks a bit silly.... and as I understand it the wheel-house (there the wheel fit... direct translation from swedish... hope you got it...) is same size, only the hight of suspension is the diffrents.

(I looked at that thread in top of this site, but it seems to be about rims more)

you wil have a hard time bringing a legacy wheel/tire combo to a outback. usually the legacy combo will be too short to fit on a n outback while an outback combo will be to large to fit on a legacy. both cars use the same rim offset, but the tire size will be what matters.

Yeah I understand that now... So my NEW plan is to buy I rim that will fit both cars, and than I have to change tires... But the legacy offset is +55 and outback +48 (regarding to subaru europe) so a offset of 45 in a 8" wide rim may be to low? I dont know...?

And the thing with the legacy is that the suspension is stock, and to low profile at tires looks pretty bad than... so for the legacy 215-45-18"?

Archived