LegacyGT.com

Door locked/jammed shut!

Sorry if this thread is redundant. I seem to recall a similar one not too long ago but a search proved fruitless. I just can't find it anywhere.

Yesterday, my rear passenger side door wouldn't engage at all. It would just bounce open. I fiddled with my remote a few times and it finally closed but it's now jammed shut. You can see the latch move when trying the remote or the switch but it's not going anywhere.

Any of you ever experienced this problem? It's still under warranty but I've just bought the car and I'm wondering what kind of hoops I'm going to have to jump through to ge this fixed.

On a minor side note, I'm very glad I'm part of this forum. Through it, I've managed to mute that confounded seat belt chime! Also, I know to check the oil regularly and sure enough, the first time I checked, it needed a significant top off.(750 ml.)

On some vehicles (I haven't checked the legacy) there is a plastic latch on the door mechanism. Sometimes it would flip when the door is open (which should only happen when the door is closed thus keeping it closed) Open your door and see if the mechanism is in the "closed" position. If you slammed the door and forced it shut you probably broke it.

Thanks Carter. The problem is that I can't open the door at all. It's welded shut! I don't think I over did it when I closed it either. I just gently closed the door (as I usually do, as compared to people who aren't used to light doors...) and it locked...

It's going in on Thursday for servicing. (24,000 KM) adn they're going to have a look at the door too.

Archived