LegacyGT.com

Will I Have a Problem?

phillyflyers50

I'm about to install my Apexcone 5000k 55W kit. I did not order the harness. Will I be ok without it? I don't want to damage anything. Also I've been reading about the position of the bulb and the dark spots. I have heard to put the rod face down. Will the newer kits allow this or do I have to cut something? I don't want to cut anything and ruin it.

Thanks!

The best thing to do, is measure the actual current draw of a ballast on startup. Most ballast draw a large amount of current on cold startup, then taper off into a steady state draw nearer their rated power counsuption (55W / 12V = ~4.6 amps). If they draw more than about 13 amps on startup, I'd say go with the harness. If not, you'll be fine. The Legacy has a 15 amp fuse for the headlight circuit which is isolated by a relay.

Not sure about the bulb rotation.

^Yea, I have the 4300K and the only problem is when the light switch is on and you start the engine. Occasionally one light will not light which is due to the voltage drop during engine crank... My solution is to turn off/on the lights when in use.....Sucks just a little.....If you don't like it get the harness...

You should not have an issue with blown fuses....;)

Archived