LegacyGT.com

0.028" Restrictor Pill

Spec_b

can anyone tell me if Hose - 807515712 contains the restrictor pill? Cobb's doc says the 07 WRX uses a 0.028 restrictor pill which is the smallest one on the page so I'd like to swap mine out and see if I can hit my boost targets with it.

Thanks

07 Legacy

Cobb S1 93 installed

S2 waiting to be installed

TMIC waiting to be installed

K&N intake waiting to be installed

Spec_b

Cobb Stage II @ 18.2psi, K&N Typhoon, Shifter Bushings, waiting to install Perrin TMIC, Hawk Street Pads

Check this thread out.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73804

I do not recommend swapping out your restrictor pill unless you are tuning your own car. Let the tuner select the restrictor pill size. It has a HUGE impact on WGDC and boost creep.

IIRC, the 07 already has a smaller pill than the 05-06.

I just ordered 22326KA120 orifice (Restrictor pill)

I don't know much about this but I'm reading and trying to learn, and according to Cobb's article (by Christian?) adjusting the mechanical tension (shortening it) of a replacement wastegate actuator can cause boost creep, but replacing the pill should not. Going too small a pill can cause a boost spike which is still not good...

Check this thread out.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73804

I do not recommend swapping out your restrictor pill unless you are tuning your own car. Let the tuner select the restrictor pill size. It has a HUGE impact on WGDC and boost creep.

IIRC, the 07 already has a smaller pill than the 05-06.

Spec_b

Cobb Stage II @ 18.2psi, K&N Typhoon, Shifter Bushings, waiting to install Perrin TMIC, Hawk Street Pads

That's not true. Restrictor pill will cause creep. It may not cause creep at redline but it will cause creep as you boost in mid rpm.

Set WGDC = 0 and take the restrictor pill out and check boost plot. Then install restrictor pill and check boost plot. I guarantee you that you will hit higher target boost with restrictor pill in even though WGDC = 0. Anytime boost climbs when WGDC = 0, I consider that creeping.

I highly recommend that you NOT put this in unless you can set WGDC = 0. When changing anything with the boost control (actuator, bcs, lines, pill, turbo, etc...), I always start from WGDC = 0.

I'm getting way low boost #'s for my Cobb Stage 1. How else am I going to get the boost up to ~15 where it should be?

At this point, I wouldn't mind a *bit* of boost creep. ;)

That's not true. Restrictor pill will cause creep. It may not cause creep at redline but it will cause creep as you boost in mid rpm.

Set WGDC = 0 and take the restrictor pill out and check boost plot. Then install restrictor pill and check boost plot. I guarantee you that you will hit higher target boost with restrictor pill in even though WGDC = 0. Anytime boost climbs when WGDC = 0, I consider that creeping.

I highly recommend that you NOT put this in unless you can set WGDC = 0. When changing anything with the boost control (actuator, bcs, lines, pill, turbo, etc...), I always start from WGDC = 0.

Spec_b

Datalog your car.

You can use the Cobb haxored ecuexplorer program with your APV2 cable.

Put the car in 3rd or 4th gear (you have a 6MT right?) and let the car slow down until you hit 2000 rpm then mash the throttle. Keep it at wide open throttle until you hit redline.

Log rpm, maf, manifold relative pressure, total timing, wastegate duty cycle.

okay, I'll try and do that. is this it?

http://www.tari.co.za/downloads/software/release/installation_ecuexplorer.exe

Datalog your car.

You can use the Cobb haxored ecuexplorer program with your APV2 cable.

Put the car in 3rd or 4th gear (you have a 6MT right?) and let the car slow down until you hit 2000 rpm then mash the throttle. Keep it at wide open throttle until you hit redline.

Log rpm, maf, manifold relative pressure, total timing, wastegate duty cycle.

Spec_b

there must be a newer ver avail, this doesn't support USB or drive by wire...

Spec_b

I'm getting way low boost #'s for my Cobb Stage 1. How else am I going to get the boost up to ~15 where it should be?

What elevation are you at? High elevation tends to read about 1psi or so lower than target. At least that's what I've been told.

I'm at 893 feet, 21 degrees F.

What elevation are you at? High elevation tends to read about 1psi or so lower than target. At least that's what I've been told.

Spec_b

Archived