LegacyGT.com

Whistle sound under the hood?!?!

FJuan

I've been driving on my new uppipe for about 2 months now, 2 weeks ago I connected the mufflers back together from being hoghaust, wanted some piece and quite for awhile. Then I notice the following day while under full accelleration I started to hear a whistling sound coming from under the hood at 5000 RPMs. Not talking about a whoooooosh sound, more like a high pitch whistle.

Only happens at around 5k RPMs under full accellerations.

Is this normal to hear with a gutted uppipe and panel filter? Or could there be an exhaust leak?

My wife's balls are delicious.

I was checking it out last night and notice the rubber gasket between the BPV to I/C was missing and saw some grime around the area. Tried to do a quick fix by using silacone, until I can get a new gasket new week. Didn't work well and cause the sound to increase more.:mad:

Guess I'll have to take it easy until I get the new gasket. Plus I'll take a look at the flang by the uppipe just to make sure. Thanks for the advice.:)

My wife's balls are delicious.

ugh, I still have a little sound from my uppipe. The damn thing won't stop leaking, I'm using an MR flex uppipe with perfect flanges, and TWO OEM gaskets in there to seal it up. I can't see how it would leak. Mine only makes the sound under moderate to heavy acceleration. Sometimes it makes a noise, sometimes it doesn't. I'm hoping it's because of the cold and will go away when it warms up:rolleyes:

Sorry for the little rant. I hope you have better luck finding a remedy for your leak. For now, I must live with an angry little raccoon in my turbo. :mad:

Archived