LegacyGT.com

Just wanted to rant alittle

I was reffering to your comment the trannys got worse when they were made in America i said wheres your proof for that.

I never said transmission specifically and I apologize for my incorrect statement, it made you assume so. What I meant by "stuff like this" I meant to say car problems. You can look at JD Power and see how imports ranked prior to them being assembled here. I remember specifically that Nissan took a dive and so did others. Do you doubt domestics are not as well-built? Why aren't you in an AWD Mercury for example, then?

At a Toyota plant if there's a defect found, the whole line gets pulled and inspected. If you find the problem and implement a fix, you get a raise. Ford? What's defective gets pulled aside and they patch it up and just keep going.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please don't start talking out of your ass throwing opinions like they're fact, even if you won't admit it, you know that statement holds no water.

Actually that statement DOES hold water. I'm a TL owner looking into getting a LGT sometime next year. I'm one of the lucky ones with a tranny that lasted 100k before it blew up. There are literally hundreds of owners on one particular forum with multiple trannies in their Acuras.

Besides the transmission, my TL also has warped rotors, peeling windows frame trims, separating door panel trims. Hondas and Acuras are not built like they used to and it shows. I'm done with Honda/Acura. And I will continue to tell my story to anyone who would listen: DON'T BUY HONDA/ACURA.

Actually that statement DOES hold water. I'm a TL owner looking into getting a LGT sometime next year. I'm one of the lucky ones with a tranny that lasted 100k before it blew up. There are literally hundreds of owners on one particular forum with multiple trannies in their Acuras.

Besides the transmission, my TL also has warped rotors, peeling windows frame trims, separating door panel trims. Hondas and Acuras are not built like they used to and it shows. I'm done with Honda/Acura. And I will continue to tell my story to anyone who would listen: DON'T BUY HONDA/ACURA.

I bet almost all the trannys that are failing are the autos not the 6 speed manuals. Which tranny do you own?

700watts...I get the impression that you think the GT is something it really isn't. Great car but you will be beaten by many cars that you think you won't be.

Now here you go......I was just reading up on people argue over Honda's and subies...and here you come spouting out some verbal flatulence......I'm a mechanical engineer by schooling and training and I've raced since I was 12 years of age "go karts and up"....I KNOW what car I'm driving and what it and I can do....I also know what I'm up against......so please.....read over what I stated in the beginning and take it for what it's worth...don't analyze it, read into it, or derive some psychobabble BS......It was just a rant about my boy and I talking sh*&. That’s it......BTW I had a Honda accord with 325k mile on it before I donated it...It was a manual...4 clutches and 2 tranies my little sister blew the motor "didn't check the oil" got replace but it never ran right.....but that never change the fact that the car was the most boring vehicle I've ever driven, well the camery was :lol: but still it was a close second.

Archived