LegacyGT.com

Dome Light won't turn-off

praedet

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I am having a similar issue with my 1995 Legacy. The dome light remains on indefinitely in the middle (On w/ Doors) position. In the dash, the bulb which displays whether any doors are open or not does not light up at all. Previously, I had replaced it with an LED bulb, as I found it was burned out, however it still does not light up.

I went and purchased some diodes, ignoring the fact that the diagram above had no model specified. It is clear that 1995 models are not included, as I was unable to find a BCU anywhere under the dash. There is an Electronics Control Unit mounted underneath, but even if it's related, I was not able to locate the wires. They are probably different colors as well.

I was unable to even locate where the dome light wires themselves came back into the dash (red and off-blue). It was mostly a failed attempt at fixing the dome light. :(

If anyone has any suggestions or tweaks to the diagram above, I'd be greatful!

======================================================

I found a solution to my problem, and it's probably best nobody helped, as it did not relate to anything inside the dash, etc. :)

My rear right door trigger had fallen apart inside the chassis, and apparently was grounding itself. This made the car (as I had suspected) think that there was constantly a door open. Once i cut out the trigger, all the rest of the doors create the desired dome light function.

• 5 years later...

Archived