LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy GT AUTO Loaner

Possibly, but the acceleration of the SX4 was similar of that of a skateboard so i don't know how much fun you could really have with the gutless acceleration of that POS

You didn't keep your right foot planted on the gas and use your left foot to slow you down did you? You must remember with underpowered automatic loaners and rentals that the only way to drive is to constantly left foot brake and keep your right foot on the loud (relative terms) button.

This is my advice from driving MANY rental cars.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

The only loaner I get is from the Enterprise down the street. I got an 06 Cobalt 4at once and I hated it. It would rev up to 4500 rpm and shift real frigin hard. I've never seen a tach needle snap back so fast. I only had that for half a day after I saw it had bald tires. Once I demanded a 4 wd or awd and they gave me a v8 Dakota. That thing had some power!

Ok guys, it was in I mode <--- weak! Now sport mode was more what I would of expected and sharp was too sticky. It would hold the RPM around 4K and wouldn't downshift after a brief run. Sharp just seemed to effect the shifting more than boost.

There is certainly no substitute for rowing your own gears, in my opinion. I rove the 5eat and it was ok. There are certainly better automatic transmissions out there, but the same can be said of the 5-pd manual in my GT. I wish I had my short-throw 6-spd manual from my previous Mazda MX-5 mated to the subie's engine, now that would be heaven!

Archived