LegacyGT.com

Mounting Solutions

HTownLegacy

I just bought a ProSport boost guage and I cannot decide where to put it. I really would like to shy away from the cubby, because I keep my cell phones and other things in there. I would also like to shy away from putting holes in anything (I.E. the dash). Just wondering what creative ideas are out there. Thanks for any input!

I'm in the process of stuffing my Prosport boost gauge in the cubby as well. I've already got my cubby and vents pulled out of my car and will be mocking up a "gauge cover". It is a snug fit in the cubby - actually too snug, as the cubby actually has to expand a bit for the gauge to fit in it. The gauge cover is to give it a nice clean look, and prevent anything placed next to the gauge to slide in behind it.

I'm also in the process of making the illumination "inverter" circuit - http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~v/dimmer/ . I tried to find the illumination (a.k.a parking) light wire and the dimmer (a.k.a. illumination -) in the clock wiring harness - it isn't there. :( I'll probably grap the illumination signal off of either the radio harness, or the hazzard button light.

LaterZ!

Darren!!

I have an omori boost gauge mounted on my steering column, its only 45mm so it doesn't really get in the way. I really like the prosport gauge but its 52mm and I wouldn't have anywhere to put it. My cubby is filled with the OEM Navi unit, so the steering column is the only spot.

Archived