LegacyGT.com

If the service department gives you crap...

Carter

Well after the GM didn't get back to me after a few hours I tried to call and speck with the service manager. He was in a meeting. About an hour after that I get a call from the service manager who said he was in a meeting with the GM and that he said he would now have to call SOA and call me back. No more than 45 min later he called me again and asked when I could drop the car off.So its going in next Wed and I will have a rental and a new radio.

Well after the GM didn't get back to me after a few hours I tried to call and speck with the service manager. He was in a meeting. About an hour after that I get a call from the service manager who said he was in a meeting with the GM and that he said he would now have to call SOA and call me back. No more than 45 min later he called me again and asked when I could drop the car off.So its going in next Wed and I will have a rental and a new radio.

Just a suggestion, call SOA and let them know what it took to get them to do something about it. SOA really does care about what you say when you call them. My local dealer is awesome, and I have never called about their service, but I did have to complain about another local Subaru dealership that plainly mistreated my father and I. SOA made the Sales manager of that store call us personally and apologize...:eek:

Start a paper trail, to cover your butt. When dropping the car off, ask to speak to the service manager(if you haven't spoken to him/her yet). If the service manager is out, ask to speak to the general manager. Be polite, but firm.

Keep bringing the car back in. After 3rd or 4th time they attempt to fix it, you can lemon law it. Depends on what state you're in. You gotta be persistent.

If the service manager and general manager don't seem to want to help you out, call SoA. Follow the chain of command, that way folks won't get as angry with you as if you skipped over them.

Edit: My bad, didn't see page 2...

Mika

I changed my mind. Write him a letter. Being an absentee owner, maybe he isn't aware of how his delaership is being run.

+1

I would just write a quick letter (not an email) stating dates, names and results without giving any personal opinions. Perhaps the owner would be interested in how his dealership is being managed. On the chance he is not, keeping records of every transaction you conduct with this particular dealership could pay off big when you have your next warranty issue.

Archived