LegacyGT.com

Check engine light

This is the 2nd time ive got this. They both happened when i took like a hour trip. The check engine light pops up and the cruise control blinks. So i took out the access port to check it and it says no codes. So i tried it w/ the green plugged in and w/out and still says nothing. So i loaded the stage 2 map again and it goes away. This ever happen to anyone here?

I had one the otherday after I started the car it had a check engine light w/ cruise control blinking. AP says no cel codes reset ecu and hasn't come back since.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Next time the CEL comes on take it to a shop or parts store and pull the code. When you reloaded the map; it reset the ECU and deleted all stored codes. I've tried to pull codes with the AP before and it came up with nothing, but when I went to the parts store and used their reader it came up with several stored codes. For whatever reason; the AP just doesn't perform real well as a code reader. Works great to reset the ECU and erase the code, but it just doesn't read them very well.
Let's kick this pig!

Archived