LegacyGT.com

Brushed Aluminum Interior

italy12984

I own a 2007 Legacy GT and am not to happy with the wood trim on the interior. It takes away from whatever sporty feel the interior has. I would love to replace all wood with either the Spec. B trim (which is cheap looking however)or even better brushed aluminum. Can anyone help? Google has been been the best of friend to me lately on this issue.

That kit does not have pieces to cover up what is woodgrain in the car now. The pieces are to be used in addition to the pieces that are already "aluminum look" from the factory (when they are not woodgrain from the factory).
It is still ugly.

I own a 2007 Legacy GT and am not to happy with the wood trim on the interior. It takes away from whatever sporty feel the interior has. I would love to replace all wood with either the Spec. B trim (which is cheap looking however)or even better brushed aluminum. Can anyone help? Google has been been the best of friend to me lately on this issue.

You could just buy replacement pieces in the silver color from the dealer.

Can somone post a pic of the 2008 "extra" wood suabru added. Im considering adding there extra trim that goes around the light controls and by the glovebox to my car.

Also anyone who has the 08 does the trim that "wraps around" clip into the plastic wings of the stack. And are they different then other years since it has more trim.

I'd rather have the darker fake wood in the new 08 than the fake aluminium. Unfortunately they won't fit.

This thread is about swapping or changing colors of interior trim, not the opinions of which color is better than another. The op wants to change color of his trim, not hear your deconstructive opinions. ;)

The "wood" door pieces are not a separate item you can order from Subaru...it is an integral part of the door panel (if they are like the '05, '06).

True but im referring to the other wood bits in the car specifically on the 2008 where there is more wood by the radio glovebox handle and by the mirror buttons and controls. anyone have a pic of this please for reference point.

Since the trim now wraps around from the radio to the glove box, it looks like you would also need to order new inboard side center stack covers (next to your knee) and possibly a new glove box lid. Since the lock was moved from the center of the glove box to the left side, this probably won't work.

If you have the money to do it and it really matters that much, then I think it is a nice looking upgrade, but you'd be replacing more than just the wood trim, unfortunately.

There's also the risk of the mounting clips/holds not being in the right places on the new pieces.

very possible On my 07 thought the glovebox lock and handle is on the left already. How much do you think the side stack covers would be. I bet the tabs are the same since the 07 had the already set idrive configuration. It seems like it was a after thought to put more wood on the car or shall i say trim in this matter

Archived