LegacyGT.com

Clutch Pedal Adjustment on 05s?

hal9e3

My pedal engages very near the floor so I read the manual and it describes a fairly straightforward procedure to adjust the pedal travel. Straightforward, that is, until I started looking at it. My clutch pedal looks nothing like the manual AFAICT. The BRAKE pedal has the whole threaded rod/U bracket setup, but the clutch pedal is basically a solid piece until it's near the floor, then joins w/ to a pivot w/ a rod inside a spring. If that's the adjustment point it's a PITA to get to. I looked inside the engine bay to see if I missed something but I don't see it there either. Maybe the clutch pedal assembly's changed since '05 and I somehow got the latest 'Vacation Pix'?:confused:

• 4 months later...

If I take my car to the dealer an complain that I don't get the clutch to disengage until it hits the floor could/should I expect them to at least investigate this adjustment instead of telling me that it is perfectly normal?

Frankly, compared to our 02 WRX the clutch on our 05 LGT is terrible. Impossible to drive smoothly..it just ruins the whole experience.

• 8 months later...
also look for qikslvr's post on the spring he installed...i did this and it's been great

Can i get a link to this?

I just had a ACT HDMM and street lite FW installed. And after a break in period i found i was getting grinding only when trying to shift fast and near red line. If i take my time it goes in FINE. if i shift early and slow. Same thing FINE. Only when trying to push it. And to be CLEAR i never SLAM gears or anything close. Im just talking about shifting quickly.

I was told it might be adjustment and I am looking for a how to on the adjustment of the clutch.

• 4 weeks later...

Where, in the travel of the clutch pedal, is it suppose to engage?

I had an ACT clutch put in 6 months ago and did a launch today for practice for the dragstrip next week. I took it pretty easy since I wanted to get used to it. I launched once by slipping around 3.5k and got a bunch of clutch smell. Now whenever I take off (normal easy driving) in first gear there is a studder/shake as the clutch engages. I am still hoping I just glazed the clutch, but am growing concerned. Just one damn soft launch.

I got to thinking about my engagement point of the clutch and it feels like it is just 1/2-1" down the motion of travel... it's almost instant.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived