LegacyGT.com

cargo roof 'basket' for outback??

fredrik_wt

I was thinking about some stuff for my new outback diesel I get soon, and my plan is to get some more offroad look at the car, so have someone see something like this, at roof at the Range Rover sport (I dont even know the english word for that kind o equipment...

http://img227.imagevenue.com/loc544/th_93336_8763935621_123_544lo.jpg

click to make it large, so have someone seen it before? maybe a photo? or do someone know if it possible to buy this stuff in after market equipment??

My plan is also to skip the 3 big 225mm lights in the fron and put 4 not so big at the roof, in the front of the basket.

I have a basket made my Yakima. The tire is held in place by a locking Yakima accessory. The shovel as well. I originally had the basket mounted to the factory stock bars, but they are weak and not suitable/safe for heavy loads. I now have the basket mounted to yakima crossbars and towers. I went with long bars to fit bike mounts on either side.

Hope this helps.

-MM

IMG_1129.JPG.eb55c202d06fca3221ef73ae7f63b0c7.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG.48db1a8968de803049f570e44646d8ee.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG.f7eb28ed6f2269fbdb72581c35918bc1.JPG

looks better than could imagen (spelling?)

My outback will not have the same type of rails, here we got a lower type, hope you understand what I mean, so I guess that same crossbars cant be used.

Is this that Yakima load warrior?? How is tha noise from wind in higer speed and also lower speeds??

If you got some more pics, please send them =)

looks better than could imagen (spelling?)

My outback will not have the same type of rails, here we got a lower type, hope you understand what I mean, so I guess that same crossbars cant be used.

Is this that Yakima load warrior?? How is tha noise from wind in higer speed and also lower speeds??

If you got some more pics, please send them =)

I believe you have the rails that come on the US legacy wagons. They are the same profile as my raised bars. The same Yakima or Thule towers and crossbars could be used.

Their is a good amount of wind noise, even with the fairing installed. Closing the roof panel to the moonroof helps reduce the noise signifigantly.

The noise is around 65mph+.

I will try to take some more pics.

It would be nice with some more pics, if it isent to much work.

I'm from Sweden, and I think we are the first country to get the diesel. As I have heard the car will have 163 bhp and 350-360 nm, only manual transmisson is the option. mixed driving it will use 0,58 liter of diesel / 10km (we dont use miles and gallons in europe, but for example its less than Octavia scout and mitsubishi outlander with 2,0 tdi resp 2,2 dci)

The car would be delivered in third week of march after delaying, first it was said after new year. I don´t know if the diesel will came to US, as I understand it the diesel is for europe market as main market. In most of european countries, diesel cars represent around 90% of new-car-selling or who I would say it, but hope you got the point;)

I've got the OEM Subaru roof cargo basket, and it's fine for light stuff like my daughter's jumbo stroller.

If you're looking for something really butch-looking or heavy duty, then the Subaru basket is NOT it.

Ben

The first test drives of the diesel has been in spain and england now, and they use words as "class leading" "outstanding" so it looks that it will be a great car... about the power (ft/lbs, I not used to that term so it say nothing to me) in the latest papers about the car I have read that it will be 148 bhp and 350nm from 1800rpm - 4500rpm, and after 4500 rpm it will be kind of powerless. 0-62mph in 8.5 seconds. They also wrote that this is, for now, the most quiet and vibrationfree diesel avalible at the market.

about the roofbasket, from front and behind, or close like that if possible.

Ben - thanks for your replay

Archived