LegacyGT.com

bsdzine's "cozy w/ the lady spiked hot choco"

bsdzine

Whatchu need:

Milk (no skim and no whole, 1 or 2% is cool)

Powdered Hot Choc Mix (i use nesquick cause i grew up on this 'ish)

1 1/2 oz irish whiskey or a milky liquor(per cup)

1 tsp ground coffee (per cup)

1/2 tsp Nutmeg, Cinnamon, or Hickory (nutmeg works best imo but the others work fine too)

OPTIONAL 1 empty containter (like a milk jug, a juice bottle, anything that you can pour INTO and OUTOF and shake it around without spilling) this makes the whole thing pretty sweet. i wouldn't leave this step out.

In a small saucepan, heat up just the milk until it gets a slight froth on the top, stir occasionally. Take your hot milk and pour it into an empty containter (you don't have to do this, but it really sets the stage for the drink) seal your containter properly (or hold it tight for dear life) shake vigorously, by doing this you'll froth up the milk, and give it that "wow i just payed 11 bucks for a coffee??" look.

In a mug add your liquor of choice, ground coffee and cocoa mix, pour the milk out from the container into the mug, stir it aroudn a few times but not too much to destroy that frothy look we're desiring. Should be a nice light brown color. Top off with a bit of nutmeg. Grab a blanket, snuggle up, and relax. :)

This is a good outside drink when chilly enough to sit outside for sunset. That or by the fireplace.

brian

well it's not, however i had a friend make it with some kinda chocolate liqueur, and he said it didn't turn out too bad. some don't like it with the whiskey and would prefer a chocolate liqueur or a baileys (something along those lines). honestly the ground coffee beans add most of the flavor imo, the liquor adding is just for fun and can be left out if you want to, you don't even need to froth the milk if you don't want to. heck, just mixing hot chocolate with some ground coffee and some nutmeg is plain good by itself. :redface:

sorry to confuse you, but it's really one of those "whatever you prefer" type things... where if your gonna whip something up you can use whatever is lying around. I used to make this without any liquor, then when I hit 21 i decided to add jameson to it and enjoyed the taste. i would have put this in the bartender secrets thread, but i'm no bartender, and this can be made without alcohol.

it's just fun to make this every now and then when you get the chance to sit back and relax during a cold night. :redface:

brian

Archived