LegacyGT.com

This message is brought to you by snow and abs.

Deer Killer

Guest *Jedimaster*
ha u cant see my cars abs cus its on a bulk, test cyp and some whinny- you get the idea. after pct its cutting hard tho.

Good old days, my man- you hittin' anything like that? Those days were over in my mid 20's.

Yeah my abs just kicked in on snow for the first time the other night... it is a shitty system... even with light pedal pressure it has NO ability to do anything other than rapidly pulse... It decreases your stopping distance... It works pretty good in rain.. but in the snow you're better off gearing down and avoiding engaging the abs...

yeah the worst is when its just one tire that is slipping and the idiotic system kicks in and pumps the breaks on all 4. makes me want to flip the #$@^ out.

Umm, that's how ABS is supposed to work, silly.. If one or more tires has less traction than the other, then you want ABS to keep the vehicle stable and pointed in the desired direction.. Ever seen a split mu test (Left/Right)? Without ABS, the vehicle will enter a nearly uncontrollable spin during emergency brakingl..

Umm, that's how ABS is supposed to work, silly.. If one or more tires has less traction than the other, then you want ABS to keep the vehicle stable and pointed in the desired direction.. Ever seen a split mu test (Left/Right)? Without ABS, the vehicle will enter a nearly uncontrollable spin during emergency brakingl..

Hint: don't slam on the brakes with one side of the car in snow and the other side in dry pavement.

I think what Hatt is expecting is that only the ABS should only unlock the brake on the sliding wheel.

That said, I HAVE experienced only the affected wheel being affected by the ABS.

Perhaps, but the system should be adapted so that if one tire locks, you can still use the breaks when you are going 10, or 5 miles per hour.redface.gif:lol:

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

I agree, this is my 4th car with ABS and it is by far the worst. I live at the end of an icy dirt trail so anytime I have to stop fast the ABS is put into action. My stopping distance and control are noticably worse on this car then they were on my big heavy Highlander.

In fact, this ABS system feels just like the crappy stuff GM puts on the Sunfires I sometimes get stuck with when I rent cars. I think I know where Subaru sourced their ABS system from! I remember when GM was bragging about lowering the cost of ABS to $120 so they could put it on ALL their cars. Well guess what, they managed to give ABS a bad name.

Archived