LegacyGT.com

Radio Gremlin(s)

brthtkg

I wanted to post a topic that I could not find specifically for my issue, but I figured I'd post for some feedback from my fellow GT owners:

06 Spec B

16,6k on it right now

no consistency with weather or temperature

does this while driving and with car idling, no experience with just running on ACC.

# of times it has occured: 4

Problem:

Radio will randomly change volume up/down without intervention. I was lucky enough to catch a video of it doing it and will take this to my subaru dealer this Wed. Dealer said they would try and reproduce the problem if they couldn't they would talk to SOA.

Just would like to know if any other Legacy owner has experienced this.

Thanks!

I lose FM radio reception when I turn the rear defogger on which I just found out here recently. I was in a normal location where I usually get perfect reception and i wasnt getting any, so I was like what the hell is going on? Then by accident I turned my rear defogger off and the radio worked great.. So I turned the defogger on, no reception, turned it off, good reception again. I was like, what a POS. I have had numerous problems with my lemon so this is yet another one. Unfortunately, my car is out of warranty.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

My radio has done this a couple of times, randomly and unreproducible. I mentioned it to the service writer when I dropped the car off for the 30,000 mile service lasts Wednesday. Also mentioned the dash rattle and a couple other things.

Tech couldn't reproduce the radio volume decline (nor the dash rattle, left rear shock squeak, seatbelt latch rattle, etc).

When I questioned the tech about not being able to reproduce any of the problems he said they had ordered me a replacement radio anyways.

They've had a few radios they've replaced and so they ordered me a new one to see if it'll fix the problem

Geoff was the shop supervisor that handled my complaint after the car was returned to me with the note of "unreproducible" on the invoice.

Colton was the tech that worked on the car. Nate Wade Subaru, Salt Lake City, utah 801 355 7571 (ask for service from there).

They said they'd call me when the radio arrives to schedule an appt to install it.

Hope this helps.

Archived