LegacyGT.com

Spec clutch going..

what

I have got, I believe, around 40k on my Spec 2+ clutch and its starting to slip. I believe I put it in around 30-35k, and I have 73k on my car now. I am slightly dissapointed, I thought I would get more miles than this but I really didnt know what to expect, I have never used any higher performance clutches than stock in any car. Its just slipping under full boost in 4th and 5th, and it stutters a little bit under WOT in third. So I basically am taking it easy now. Hopefully I will get atleast another 5k out of it. I dont know how long these clutches last once they start slipping. The clutch has worked great, just didnt last as long as I was hoping..

I just thought this would be good information for people to know..

I have got, I believe, around 40k on my Spec 2+ clutch and its starting to slip. I believe I put it in around 30-35k, and I have 73k on my car now...

wait so you only got 5k out of it ???? i dont have a clutch swap but that doesent seem right to me..... that makes me think twice about getting one.....

sry to hear it.....hope someone can shed some light on that

Reading Comprehension > CapeStylz ;)

Got 40K out of his clutch, installed @ 30/35K...Odmeter now @ 73K

(jp)

~Sucka-Duck~

I used to drag race, not much launching on the street. I drive pretty hard on a regular basis though. I drive pretty well with it on the street, dont really let it slip at all or get any chattering. But a combination of the drag racing and driving hard has probably shortened the life, but that is why I put the clutch in my car, so I can enjoy all the power. I used to dragrace probably once or twice a month But have only been at the track once in the last year and a half.

If anyone has any recommendations on a clutch that might last longer feel free to share. It seems I will be buying another one before long. I am also going to talk to Spec to see if they have any clutches that have as much grip that might last longer. There is also a possibility the whole car will be going back to stock. I am tired of things breaking.

I've had no issue on my stock clutch and stage 2, but no track activities and no launching (even at autox). 50k miles and stage 2 for last 28k miles.

How was the clutch effort on the Spec 2? I've read it was close to stock despite the much higher torque rating.

Clutch effort from what I remember wasnt any different. Make sure to keep the clutch pedal linkage lubricated properly. There is a clutch pedal bushing in there somewhere that is supposed to be greased, and that does make a difference. I cant remember the name of that specific bushing. The only difference in clutch effort is the much quicker engagement of the clutch. The stock clutch, there is maybe an inch of clutch pedal movement from initial contact to full engagement, with the Spec clutch it was like maybe 1/4-1/2 inch, the Spec clutch grabs much faster and tighter. A great majority of the clutch pedal movement is totally unnecessary. I really dont know why they have the clutch pedal move so far forward and back, even when its stock.

Archived