LegacyGT.com

Fuel Efficiency

mechler

what kind of rpms do the 5spd and 6spd LGTs run at around 70mph? i read someones post saying around 3100 for 70, but i cant find were i read it anymore.

is that right? it seems very high for 70mph, my 4eat runs about 2500rpms at 70, it gets to about 2850-3000 at 90. i think my sister Jetta runs about 2700 for 70.

what kind of rpms do the 5spd and 6spd LGTs run at around 70mph? i read someones post saying around 3100 for 70, but i cant find were i read it anymore.

That sounds about right give or take from the 5MT, I know I would run in the 3000's in the 70-80ish range. I don't rightly recall the numbers on the 6MT model, and likely won't have any opportunity to find out anytime soon.

As for gas mileage, it is somewhat of a toss-up... my '05 5MT seemed to average 17-20 in stop/go driving, and would hover in the 30 range for longer highway treks. My last major trip in that car was about 1100 miles of highway/interstate driving, where I think I managed somewhere close to 31 for the entire duration of the trip.

On the other hand, my newer '08 (did they revise the MPG calculation for the gauges in these cars as well?) seems to hover in the 14-16 range for stop/go driving. Due to my work schedule I haven't had much time to do any highway/interstate driving.

I currently have a 97 LGT with a 4 speeder. RPMs at 80mph is 3500 and 70mph at 3000rpm. It is total true, at least with this car, that city driving really kills the mpg. On highway I get 25+mpg, in the city <20mpg.

I hope my 08 LGT is going to be better. :spin:

LGT in city = bad. AWD and fuel efficiency do not typically go hand and hand with one another. It's not the worst fuel efficient car, but it's also not the greatest. For the hp and torque it puts down stock, it's right where it should be IMO.

mine is an 05i wagon with 4eat but, just to through my .02 in ive been getting between 24mpg in town and 27 on the freeway driving fairly quickly (90-105mph yesterday) for about 70 miles drive each way. this is with my 18s, tool bag in the back (70lbs.) and just over 90k on the clock;).

That sounds about right give or take from the 5MT, I know I would run in the 3000's in the 70-80ish range. I don't rightly recall the numbers on the 6MT model, and likely won't have any opportunity to find out anytime soon.

Shameless self quote :lol:

Anyway, if anyone is actually curious, on the 6MT it appears 60MPH ~= 2200 RPM and 70 ~= 2600RPM

Archived