LegacyGT.com

Leaking Diff Fluid?!?!

importtund

Where could this be coming from, it's not a very big leak, however everytime I park there is about a quarter size spot of it on the ground. front of the vehicle. I called Subaru, the guy said he has never heard of a Subaru's diff's leaking! What could this be and where could it be coming from? Thanks...

you sure its the diff and not engine oil?

I'm sure... I just had my oil changed yesterday and jezzz was it dirty, the fluid that is leaking, not only smells like diff fluid, but also is clean, just like it is on the diff fluid stick, which is not indicating that I'm low on fluid?!? I'm lost on this one...

I apologize I wasn't clear about what I had said about the oil thing, it's been leaking since before the oil change, it's def. diff fluid... I'm just wondering how that could be? It almost looks like it's coming from where the trans and motor bolt?:confused: It's a tight area to get into and see... but it is diff fluid no doubt about that. The fluid's leaking onto my headers and that concerns me, I'm taking it to Subaru Tues, the soonest they can get me in, I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this before and what was the cause. I'm also experiencing a slight slip of the trans @ WOT from cruising at around 75-90. Maybe these things are linked some how, although it's not trans fluid, that's for sure! :confused::confused::confused:

Archived