LegacyGT.com

How to track you car during the ordering process

PFlorenzano

Hello,

My name is Pete and I'm new to both this forum, and Subaru's. I recently ordered a new 2008 Subaru Legacy GT and would like to track it on the assembly line. I'm not sure if this can be done but when I ordered my recent GMC, I was able to track it by a certian number that was given to you from the dealer.

Any information that you can provide me with will be much appreciated.

Pete

hmm.. i have never heard of that for the Subaru line-up. It shows in the dealer's "pipeline" report as a vehicle on order, then shows VIN when built and gives the month of delivery, then eventually gives an actual estimated Date of delivery.

just because i haven't heard of that kind of tracking, doesn't mean it isnt available. we have never had a customer want to track an order the detailed.

• 1 month later...

I just took delivery of my '08 Outback XT, 2 months to the day exactly after my order was placed.

There is no mechanism for a consumer to track their vehicle thru the manufacturing process. For that matter, it appears that the dealers don't have good visibility in to that process either.

correct. dealers set the order, then once it is in building status, they will see the vehicle in their "pipeline". It will first show the month it is due then as it gets closer to being released to the transport company, it will show an estimated delivery date.

From the time of order to the time it shows up on the pipeline could be a few weeks depending on how the assembly line is going.

Legacy, Outback and tribeca models are built here in the US

Forester and Impreza models come on the boat - the reason it takes longer to get a custom ordered one.

Archived