LegacyGT.com

HK STI Legacy

haha... yeah, you are right!

I thought tuned by STi versions were supposed to have Brembo calipers.

Well, at least it had the STi quad exhaust installed.

Anyway, I had a talk with a sales person that I know from the dealer. He told me that japan did make an offer to allow our Hong Kong dealer to import the the tuned by STi legacy but the dealer have declined thinking that we do not have a large enough market for it to make any sales. Well, it is understandable as the STi version will cost 1/3 more than the 2.0GT and the Hong Kong market is indeed extremely small.

oh right...well the exhaust will work for hong kong.

true..i agree with you. the hong kong market for legacys are indeed small. there's still a large crowd out there that doesn't really know what it is... but i think the wagons are getting popular though. i've seen them a few times. but mostly the R version i think.

Where can I buy car parts, (aftermarket, JDM, OEM) in Hong Kong. When I went last yr. I just found 1 street on Mong Kwok that had all these car shops w/ aftermarket stuff.

It's pretty hard to tell you just one location where you can find everything that you want. These shops are pretty much scattered in different locations.

There is also one more problem for getting legacy parts in Hong Kong. As I have previously mentioned, the market for legacy is extremely small here so most of the parts they do not keep in stock. Usually you'll have to wait for over a month for parts to arrive from japan and as a visitor to Hong Kong, I doubt you can afford the time to wait. I just ordered a set of Ohlins and the shop told me that it won't be here until early February.

As for OEM JDM parts, you may want to try and buy from the dealer but the markup they charge is crazy. It's over 150% of the list price in Japan.

Archived