LegacyGT.com

Have my HU replaced before I have a stereo installed?!

Carter

My headunit keeps crapping out on me randomly, it is the one with the 6 disc and auto climate. Everything goes blank. I have shown it to the dealer, and they seem very reluctant to fix it. They are always "going to get back to me" I am always told that they will have to call "tech line" and see if theres any new on it. I just want it replaced. I plan to have my new system installed, and of course it will involve some wire splicing. I am wondering if I should just wait to have it replaced, or if I should just DO IT. I dont want to have it denied because I had "aftermarket" stuff installed.

The order link is @ the bottom of the page:

http://www.geocities.com/svxdc/WRX-pinout.htm

I have those same harnesses in my LGT, they're fantastic. You'll need an antenna adapter also. The only thing I tapped into was the reverse and VSS wires for the nav, but even then I used some vampire taps, nothing in the car was permanentely spliced. If you're not doing nav, you have nothing to worry about.

BTW, I had the same problem you have only I couldn't wait. The dealer kept saying the same thing you're getting "I have to contact SOA" :mad: 'bunch of shit. I still haven't heard back from them! Ever since I put my system in I don't bother w/the stock although I could use it if I want.

Archived