LegacyGT.com

94 legacy rs.. wierd sound at high speed

hey all.. i`m new here.. and this is my first post.. recently i just bought a 94 legacy rs.. the problem is.. when i push it far enough i get a wierd noise coming from the front.. this is at around 120kph in 4th gear.. the noise wont stop til i slow down to around 110kph.. i`ve done 180kph before without having this sound.. but i had my air-conditioning off.. the question is.. is this in any way related to the sound in my engine? i dunno how to descibe the sound.. except that it`s loud.. please help as i have no clue if there is trouble in the engine or not.. if there is does anyone have a clue as to what it may be?

How does the engine run and what is the sound like? Is it high-pitched like a squeal or shriek? Or is it low pitched, like a thump or a grinding? Does it repeat (thump...thump...thump) or is it steady (Rhrhrhrhrhrhrhrhr...)? Does the steering wheel shake when it makes the noise or anything else happen? Steve

thanks for replying.. it`s like a squeal.. no noticable effect to driving tho.. i cant really say anything about the frequency.. but it`s definitely not repeatitive.. it`s like a long squeal with some gaps in between sometimes..

Archived