LegacyGT.com

Honky Legacy in a crosswind

Well this afternoon I braved the cold wind of central Ohio to get to a friends house. While driving on the freeway a big crosswind 25+mph hit the car and a loud honk came from somewhere on the car. I 1st thought it was someone honking at me but nobody was around. It was not the horn as it was a deeper tone. It only does it when a crosswind hits the car like a gust of wind.

Beats me. Anyone have idea's??

Its from the bad window seals, the exact same thing happens to my car in strong crosswinds, also happened in my WRX. With all the ppl who say they love frameless windows, this is one reason i dont like them.

And yes it only happens when im driving at freeway speeds and hit by strong crosswinds

Is there some sort of mod to fix this? Upgraded window seals perhaps?

I am really struggling with finding a new car for my daily 60 mile commute from Colorado to Wyoming and deal with very strong cross winds on I-25 daily. The speed limit is 75 and wind can be as strong as 60+ mph occasionally and 30+ mph frequently.

I thought I was close to finding my ideal car when I learned about this howling issue.

I am really struggling with finding a new car for my daily 60 mile commute from Colorado to Wyoming and deal with very strong cross winds on I-25 daily. The speed limit is 75 and wind can be as strong as 60+ mph occasionally and 30+ mph frequently.

I thought I was close to finding my ideal car when I learned about this howling issue.

those anti rain guards you glue over the windows might help, but i dont know.

Is there some sort of mod to fix this?

Earplugs.

I originally thought the noise was coming from the moonroof and bought the moonroof wind deflector which did not help at all with the noise.

The radio gets cranked on windy days on the highway...

Well this afternoon I braved the cold wind of central Ohio to get to a friends house. While driving on the freeway a big crosswind 25+mph hit the car and a loud honk came from somewhere on the car. I 1st thought it was someone honking at me but nobody was around. It was not the horn as it was a deeper tone. It only does it when a crosswind hits the car like a gust of wind.

Beats me. Anyone have idea's??

Get it painted some color besides white?:lol:

Close the door by pushing on the door and not the window. I've got 43,000 miles on my 2005 and have no door seal issues. I drive through as much wind and weather as you.

Guest heightsgtltd
Close the door by pushing on the door and not the window. I've got 43,000 miles on my 2005 and have no door seal issues. I drive through as much wind and weather as you.

close by pushing? :confused:

Archived