LegacyGT.com

Replacing Head Unit/6-Disc Changer in '06 LGT

Voo

Just got my '06 LGT and was wondering if it's possible to change the head unit/6-Disc Changer, to one that has an AUX input so that I can play MP3's from my portable MP3 player. I do not have NAV on my setup, but there is a sub under the driver's seat (not sure if that's a standard option).

Does anyone have any suggestions on makes and models that would work? I was thinking of getting an Alpine, but I'm not sure if it'll fit or if it's gonna mess up any of the electronics. It would be nice to fit a LCD screen in the cubby between the center vents, but will I have to remove the cover?

Thanks and Happy New Year all!

-Voo

Search grasshopper.....................

BTW, if you have electronic A/C controls, your pretty much SOL in the aftermarket HU department.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Just got my '06 LGT and was wondering if it's possible to change the head unit/6-Disc Changer, to one that has an AUX input so that I can play MP3's from my portable MP3 player. I do not have NAV on my setup, but there is a sub under the driver's seat (not sure if that's a standard option).

Does anyone have any suggestions on makes and models that would work? I was thinking of getting an Alpine, but I'm not sure if it'll fit or if it's gonna mess up any of the electronics. It would be nice to fit a LCD screen in the cubby between the center vents, but will I have to remove the cover?

Thanks and Happy New Year all!

-Voo

Give this a go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-SUBARU-LEGACY-OEM-MP3-6-DISC-CHANGER-HEAD-UNIT_W0QQitemZ330201931237QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330201931237

Pretty easy to fit and it's the same as I bought and fitted from Hong Kong vie ebay.

Archived