LegacyGT.com

Looking to swap center shift surround - Perfect for a Cleansweep install

str8dwn

Not sure if this should be in the marketplace, so my apologies.

Since removing my Cleansweep, I now have a useless alum knob sitting in the shifter surround next to the one for my 500/1. The CS LED is also installed. No scratches or marks on the piece.

I thought somebody who is planning to install a 500/1 with a remote and a Cleansweep might want to swap their stock one to save time and get a free aluminum knob :) and extra CS control module and cable at no charge.

Let me know if interested.

DSC00093_sm.JPG.5a54275648981aba14ce42ec5c55fbb7.JPG

Why did you remove the CS?

I had a major issue with it developing a loud constant static (not hiss, but like pink noise) that was present regardless of volume or even with the OEM radio off. Troubleshooted it for weeks. New RCAs, new JL twisted 9 connector cable, re-routed power, RCAs, on and on. Even paid JL to repair it $120, and they sent me a 'new one' with a 2005 build date. Still did the same thing. Removed CS and put in basic LOC, no static.

Even before the static problem, I thought the sound was a bit dull. Never achieved the overall system volume and it is known for stealing the bass from a system during it's calibration. I talked to several installers including some who sold JL and some who had significant experience with the CS, said they had yet to hear a decent sounding one.

I am looking at the new Alpine with the Audyssey auto time alignment/DSP and the RF 360.2 with its full adjustability via PC. The Navone LOC will do in the mean time.

You asked me to share ;)

Archived