LegacyGT.com

OBK XT which rear sway & strut tower brace

vadgm07

I'm looking at a couple of rear sway bar options for an '07 OBK XT from Rallitek:

JDM 20mm hollow, AVO 20mm solid, Rallitek 19mm (hollow/solid?)

Which is the best option. Also should I do upgrade RSB brackets at the same time.

Also any feedback on installing the STi or SPT Front Strut Brace tower for better turn-in and less suspension deflection? How do either of those compare vs the Cusco version?

I'd rather cure understeer before upgrading front sway. OR atleat make handling a bit more neutral.

I'm looking at a couple of rear sway bar options for an '07 OBK XT from Rallitek:

Which is the best option. Also should I do upgrade RSB brackets at the same time.

Also any feedback on installing the STi or SPT Front Strut Brace tower for better turn-in and less suspension deflection? How do either of those compare vs the Cusco version?

I'd rather cure understeer before upgrading front sway. OR atleat make handling a bit more neutral.

A little bit of research will help you in your quest for improved performance. There is a great sticky at the top of this subforum dedicated to just your question (if not all the brands you are asking about). vel0mac also upgraded his XT, so it is particularly relevant to your question.

I have an LGT, so I'm not completely in the same situation as you, but I upgraded my sways (Front and Rear) with the Cobb setup and I am very happy. From what I understand, the brackets are a must.

From everything that I've read, the Strut Tower Brace is more bling than function.

My $0.02... Good Luck in your quest and Happy New Year! :)

I went through the same decision making process when upgrading my LGT RSB. As far as stiffness is concerned, the stiffness heirarchy of those three RSBs is as follows, from least to most stiff:

1) JDM 20mm hollow RSB (roughly equivalent to 18 mm solid)

2) Rallitek 19 mm solid RSB

3) AVO 20 mm solid RSB

You could always try the AVO and, if it's giving you too much oversteer, step back to the Rallitek or JDM RSB. I went the opposite route and am running the JDM RSB, which I'm pleased with. However, my decision was made because Rallitek was selling the JDM RSB for a blowout price of $99 at the time and the AVO bar was out of stock. So much for logical reasoning. :rolleyes:

Thanks, any idea what diameter the stock SpecB rear sway bar is?

You would think that I'd know this since I had the swap done, but I am not sure. The XT is 15mm and I think that is the case for the GT (including the SpecB) as well. Cobb rsb is 25mm.

You cannot "cure" understeer. You can only reduce it and the correct way of reducing understeer is to increase front end grip. None of the mods that you have mentioned do this.

absolutely correct. best way to increase front end grip is get stickier and wider tires. suspension mods will help maintain grip but wont increase it.

looks like JDM or Rallitek are the way to go. Did you upgrade RSB brackets as well?

I did. both my rear mounts broke with my perrin 25mm bar and i was running the perrin brackes too and they still broke. No i am using both the perring and AVO brakets together. They WILL NOT break now. :lol:

Archived