LegacyGT.com

2.5i Non-Turbo engine

Any tips on how to boost performance for us poor 2.5i non-turbo folks? The engine seems to be tuned stock for optimum fuel efficiency.

I'd like to get a little better acceleration power at the expense of less fuel efficiency.

Any air intake mods that can be done or are those exclusively for the turbo crowd?

lol you want less mpg? Its already horrible as it is:spin: From just reving up twice the car (also 2.5i) im averaging 17 city!

think its that bad im coming from a lifted land rover discovery with 10ply mud terrains. im very happy with the mileage just around town im at 25.7mpg.

oh for the OP get a bike if you want to go fast.

keep the legacy stockish there really isnt much point in putting big coin into it becuase at most youll actually only get maybe 15whp or so by doing the normal intake, exhaust, pulley ect. and more than anything youll just have the placebo effect of hp.

lol you want less mpg? Its already horrible as it is:spin: From just reving up twice the car (also 2.5i) im averaging 17 city!

Yeah I'm getting the same about 17 mpg in heavy city driving. Highway driving consistantly at 70mph gets me almost 28 mpg though.

Not going to do much else, just upgrades for the interior....but keep the rest stock. Don't want to attract attention.

What about those K & N air filters? Any good or just hype? When I give it a lot of gas, I can hear the exhaust getting real loud...but seems the stock filter is not giving enough air flow.

k&n are good in some applications but just be careful when you recharge it and not to over oil the filter as the oil will coat the mas and could cause a cel (cleaning it is pretty simple though if it does happen). its been heavily talked about in other forums and im sure it has been done here as well.

Archived