LegacyGT.com

Top Gear car of the year

I love Clarkson, funny bastard and boy he CAN drive!

Go to streetfire.net and click Viper, watch the Viper vs Audi TT test. He is halarious!

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/1351869b-d6b8-4c2f-9a46-99be003da035.jpgJeremy Clarkson puts the Viper SRT-10 against the BMW Z4 M. An odd comparison, but a fun one. Enjoy!!!

Quote From Clarkson " The Viper is like a good friend, fun to go out with but he tends to kill people when he drinks." LOL

i wonder exactly how fast j/c is ..

in the race segment it looked as if he was passing a lot of people.. (but everyone knows top gear does a lot of editing)

but his lap time in the nsx at laguna seca weren't all that impressive... my cousin's husband did it quite a bit faster in a minimally modded s4 (brembos and track mods like fluid changes, i think was about it).

did they ever post his times in the suzuki (whatver the reasonably priced car is)

car for sale. PM me!

He isnt that quick. I have watched pretty much every episode (when i was in the uk it was on uktv gold 3 times a day). Favourite show by far. in the old suzuki leana he was like 8th in the end behind people like simon cowell jamie oliver jimmy carr and gordon ramsay

Clarkson is not that skilled a driver, he's just really aggressive and fearless but doesnt drive with much finesse. Don't confuse his frequent powersliding on the TG car reviews with significant skill, because 9 times out of 10 he spins out on those powerslides, they edit mostly the good ones.

Now Tiff Needel, on Fifth Gear, is a phenomenoal track driver, his segments of hodling a Porsche 911 GT3 RS in a long drift on a track is amazing.

Clarkson is not that skilled a driver, he's just really aggressive and fearless but doesnt drive with much finesse. Don't confuse his frequent powersliding on the TG car reviews with significant skill, because 9 times out of 10 he spins out on those powerslides, they edit mostly the good ones.

Now Tiff Needel, on Fifth Gear, is a phenomenoal track driver, his segments of hodling a Porsche 911 GT3 RS in a long drift on a track is amazing.

True, Clarkson is an amateur. Tiff (Tim) is a pro driver, a civil engineer by trade, who among other things, made most progress driving Le Mans cars... he also drove an F1 car for a few races in the early '80s. He is my favorite car presenter! :wub: (V B-H is a close 2nd) ;)

I forgot to add that while Tiff's driving skills are far superior to Clarkson, his verbal gift of presenting car reviews is very weak. he sounds like a sissy crying nancy boy with a stroke and if you strip away his amazing driving ability and have him review an ordinary car, he's quite dull, and can only review stuff from the racecar driver's perspective.

Clarkson is a far more enteratining and fun to listen to presenter who tends to dumb down things a bit so noncar ppl can understand his reviews, while Tiff is overly technical and pedantic.

The only presenter i hate worse than Tiff is VBH, because she constantly leans on the 'oh im a girl, AND a racing driver' angle when she does reviews, and she also gets overly technical as well.

Tom Ford and Johnny Smith are by far my favorite presenters on Fifth Gear.

As far the TG presenters go, the trio complement each othe so well that i can't pick a favorite.

Yeah its pretty common that enthusiasts on import car forums tend to agree with JC's opinions that most american cars are crap, because thats why they are into japanese or european cars in the first place. The big 3 fans tend to hate JC because they get all hurt that their cars are getting bashed. Plus theres no denying the fast food/overwieght/over-everything stereotypes here too.

a lot of american fans of TG on the finalgear forums complain a lot about JC's anti american rhetoric and i think tend to forget they're illegally downloading an import show intended for a foriegn market. plus they tend to be the same ppl who laugh at jokes of foreign stereotypes made in american programs, so a big bunch of hypocrites who don't have the sense of humor to laugh at themselves.

I used to be a big fan of Fifth Gear. A few seasons ago I felt it was actually superior to Top Gear because it was more technical. The last 2 seasons however are disappointing. It seems like they just don't have to cohesiveness of Top Gear, and try too hard to get a laugh.

I can't stand the spiky haired guy on Fifth Gear.

Yeah its pretty common that enthusiasts on import car forums tend to agree with JC's opinions that most american cars are crap, because thats why they are into japanese or european cars in the first

I know I do.

I think Cadillacs are getting better, as are Ford and Mercuries. Would I buy one....probably not. It would have to be a pretty good deal. Maybe a lease.

The only presenter i hate worse than Tiff is VBH, because she constantly leans on the 'oh im a girl, AND a racing driver' angle when she does reviews, and she also gets overly technical as well.

shrug. girls everywhere use that angle ALL the time. they get a lot of attention like that on forums that involve typical "male-oriented" stuff.

u get the EPA coming in and offering help by the truckload (EPA = e-pimps association)

pink text, first posts with: "hey look im new and i have a UTERUS!" , all that stuff.

standard issue.

car for sale. PM me!

shrug. girls everywhere use that angle ALL the time. they get a lot of attention like that on forums that involve typical "male-oriented" stuff.

exactly, they attract the attn of all the leg humpers.

when you take away the female aspect of vicky, its pretty clear shes not a very good presenter at all.

Archived