LegacyGT.com

I just had my seat cover replaced

fatbastard

and I am not sure what to think. They replaced it since my leather was cracking but the new cover doesn't seem to fir nearly as good. For what ever reason though the seat does feel more comfortable...maybe because the leather is a little loose and it is a bit more forgiving??? But while I think I am OK with the cover having a little slop and a few bubbles, does anyone know if this will get worse over time? It really isn't bad and I don't want to be a douche about it but if it will get worse I may try to fix it myself or bring it back.....thoughts? Besides where are teh pics!

doesn't look too bad... i'd say the third picture's the worst of the three, but still, not too bad. i'd probably bring it back and ask if they can get the bubbles out, or if it'd tighten up over time...

any idea on how much it would cost without warranty?

I'll bet it will smooth out over time...just like when you get a new pair of jeans...they don't fit right until they are broken in. My dealer doesn't even do that kind of work. When I had to have a seat heater replaced, the seat came out and went to an upholstery shop they use.
It is still ugly.

Like I said it isn't that bad and I can definately live with it but if it gets worse over time I'd be upset and then I'll have no recourse. Just wondering since I don't remember the seats being bubbled or loose when I got the car so I have nothing to base this on.

As for cost I have no idea...but I'll look at the invoice and see if it lists a P/N...then you can add 1.5 hours since that is what they estimated.

it all looks normal to me.... mine was like that from day one, and still is....

i jsut still can't beleive they replaced it under warranty...that is awesome.

They told me that the cracks were normal wear of the leather..ven warned me about it when i bought the car

had my drivers seat cover replaced twice under warranty. both originally fit the same but shrank/fit in after 3-5 months depepding on how hot it was. it will fit in. go through your seat back at the side supports/lumbar area and feel for something hard. when they put my seat together the first time the cushion was no installed on the plastic supports correctly. the plastic supports on the back of the leather caused the failure with my seat back. hard to explain, i guess.

Archived