LegacyGT.com

Kiplinger's picks G35 as Best Car $23,000 - $30,000

http://autos.msn.com/advice/article.aspx?contentid=4018597&src=LP%20luxury

Yes, you read the topic correctly, best car for under $30,000. Last I checked, the G35 was a little north of that price range. Also, they chose the Volvo V70R as the best wagon and the TL best for $30k-$40k.

Not that any of us need reassurance of our purchase, but this should rile the blood for a while.

You guys are funny.

Every time one of us criticizes some of the things that Subaru got wrong, you chastise us. Yet when the press (or the marketplace) rates other cars in front of your beloved Legacy, they are all a bunch of biased incompetent jerks.

There is more to a car then acceleration and an AWD system. And when people get into this class of car, most expect more attention to details and more refinement.

I know many will come back and say you don't care about those details, and that's fine too, but don't blame the press for caring about them.

Also, I think if Subaru just put some good tires on this car, it would fare much better in comparos and review.

I love my OBXT, but If I didn't need the ground clearance and the big trunk, I would probably have bought a G35x.

You guys are funny.

Every time one of us criticizes some of the things that Subaru got wrong, you chastise us. Yet when the press (or the marketplace) rates other cars in front of your beloved Legacy, they are all a bunch of biased incompetent jerks.

There is more to a car then acceleration and an AWD system. And when people get into this class of car, most expect more attention to details and more refinement.

I love my OBXT, but If I didn't need the ground clearance and the big trunk, I would probably have bought a G35x.

Is your OBXT automatic?

No it's not, but I was sitting on the fence when I bought it, and the main reason I went for the 5MT is because I felt that transmission was a better match for the turbo engine.

I get your point, but hey, the majority of North American buyers want an automatic, so this is not a significant drawback for Infinity in the marketplace.

No it's not, but I was sitting on the fence when I bought it, and the main reason I went for the 5MT is because I felt that transmission was a better match for the turbo engine.

I get your point, but hey, the majority of North American buyers want an automatic, so this is not a significant drawback for Infinity in the marketplace.

...and that's why this is an enthusiast board! ;)

I've driven a G35C and a sedan...they aren't driving enthusiast cars to say the least...as you say, they appeal more to the "general market." Because they're better cars? Likely not, but those Infiniti badges sure are shiny. :)

You guys are funny.

I know many will come back and say you don't care about those details, and that's fine too, but don't blame the press for caring about them.

Also, I think if Subaru just put some good tires on this car, it would fare much better in comparos and review.

Don't get me wrong, the G35 is a nice car and if I had the extra cash, it probably would have been in the running. I've always seen it as a $35k car, which would make it similarly equipped to the car I bought. I was being critical of the fact that the G35 was included in the class in which it won. I think it creates an unrealistic expectation that you can look to pick one up for less than $30k. Then again, if your decision ultimately comes down to what a personal finance magazine has to say about a car, then I think there may be a flaw in your selection process.

Archived