LegacyGT.com

RSX shot down

Guest JessterCPA

Guest JessterCPA
Go easy man- think of that beautiful child in your av. Oh, and it sounds like you bent him over pretty good- nice kill!

I did go easy...its not like I did 140 or so....

Hey all.

Pulling out this morning from the gas station, and being grumpy from throwing $30 worth of nature's finest in my car I accellerate easily on the highway, and I hear a fart can ntext to me. RSX, type S, tall wing, and loud. I can hear he guns it, and he gets a 1/2 car on me. Screw this. By 80 I already have him. He's shifting hardo keep up. Interestingly, between 90 and 100 he was reeling me in a little, but by 110 he was several lengths back. We both back off around the same time, and he tucks in behind me and takes the next u-turn. I was satisfied.

Gonna go look at the RSX forums & see if he is a poster out there telling his side of the story.

Jesse

Nature's best? 93 Octane? :redface: Rubbish.

Nice Kill! My twin Sis has an RSX-S and she's a damn good driver. I raced her in my GTI VR6 vs her RSX-S and she whooped me. Granted the VR6 wasn't running well. She usually chirps 2nd and 3rd while racing me, it's pretty funny. I raced her from 60-100ish in the LGT and slowly pulled, a 5-70 roll she didn't do too bad. Those RSX-S move if driven well.

Guest JessterCPA
Nice Kill! My twin Sis has an RSX-S and she's a damn good driver. I raced her in my GTI VR6 vs her RSX-S and she whooped me. Granted the VR6 wasn't running well. She usually chirps 2nd and 3rd while racing me, it's pretty funny. I raced her from 60-100ish in the LGT and slowly pulled, a 5-70 roll she didn't do too bad. Those RSX-S move if driven well.

He put up a ggod fight. My only concern was if he was supercharged. I saw no FMIC, so I knew there was no turbo. I guess he could have has NOS also, but I didnt think so at the time. I have seen him on the road a few times, so I am sure there will be a part 2 to this.

Hey all.

Pulling out this morning from the gas station, and being grumpy from throwing $30 worth of nature's finest in my car I accellerate easily on the highway, and I hear a fart can next to me. RSX, type S, tall wing, and loud. I can hear he guns it, and he gets a 1/2 car on me. Screw this. By 80 I already have him. He's shifting hard to keep up. Interestingly, between 90 and 100 he was reeling me in a little, but by 110 he was several lengths back. We both back off around the same time, and he tucks in behind me and takes the next u-turn. I was satisfied.

FYI from a light one spun his wheels on me, I wasn't even looking. I just did a normal 1500 rpm launch and then WOT.. I think he gave up after I finished first gear. Hahaha. *shrug*

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JessterCPA
I have seen him 3 times since. The only time that was worthy to have fun was snowy. I know I would have slaughtered him, but it would have been real risky in that weather. I am keeping my eyes peeled. To be continued..

He put up a ggod fight. My only concern was if he was supercharged. I saw no FMIC, so I knew there was no turbo. I guess he could have has NOS also, but I didnt think so at the time. I have seen him on the road a few times, so I am sure there will be a part 2 to this.

JW, Jesster, what are your mods?

If you're stock, then my guess is the Type S had I/H/E at the very least.

A supercharged Type S would've given you opposite results.(assuming driven properly)

Guest JessterCPA
JW, Jesster, what are your mods?

If you're stock, then my guess is the Type S had I/H/E at the very least.

A supercharged Type S would've given you opposite results.(assuming driven properly)

I have no mods. Bone stock. I also have the 5EAT.

If he was supercharged, then he was seriously toying with me or he is a bad driver. I know he has an exhaust, but everything else is unknown. It looks a little lowered also, but that doesnt help in this instance.

We will see.

hehe nice kill

yes i agree with some of the ppl here, the RSX can be made into a seriously fast car, especially w/ forced induction. ive done alot of research on the k-series motor back in my honda day (a few months ago :lol: ) and i found that these engines have alottt more potential of B series of days past. i myself have a freind with a boosted RSX, running 8 psi. 307 WHP, 265 WTQ and it put 6 car lengths on an STi from a roll. of course, had that been off the line, the story wud be different :cool:

Your car will only go 138. :D

That may not be true. Or the OEM spedometer is a P.O.S. I know for certain I've pulled my LGT past 145 mph indicated on the speedo. And that was with 3 grown men in the car going to lunch. All 3 looked at the speedo when I commented that we just passed 140 mph. :eek:

That may not be true. Or the OEM spedometer is a P.O.S. I know for certain I've pulled my LGT past 145 mph indicated on the speedo. And that was with 3 grown men in the car going to lunch. All 3 looked at the speedo when I commented that we just passed 140 mph. :eek:

Must've been going downhill. My rev-limiter wouldn't let me go over 140 on totally flat ground. Easily got to 132 even with the Thule box on top though.:eek:

I used to own one, it was a good feeling to still be in gear while others were still fumbling into the next.....loved pushing her up to 8 grand, and if you shifted right, the next gear you'll start at was 6k. "Keep her high and shift hard damnit!" was my motto with it. I guess it’s something you have to experience or have been a previous Honda owner to really appreciate. Too bad its was only good in dry weather, too much wheel spin in the rain or snow.

Must've been going downhill. My rev-limiter wouldn't let me go over 140 on totally flat ground. Easily got to 132 even with the Thule box on top though.:eek:

Sorry dude. Flat as a pancake. Highway 71 between Hwy 91 and Hwy 60 in the Chino Hills area. And before you say it, the "Hills" in Chino are about 50 ft tall at most. And the 71 is a brand new highway cut right through the middle. It's a great place to open er up because there are 3 lanes on either side, a separate commuter lane in the middle and about 10 miles of (almost always) CHP-free running. The bonus is that it averages less than 10 cars per mile except during morning/afternoon traffic time. Driving it during the lunch hour is a joy.

Can't explain it other than perhaps my speed limiter is not "activated." And this was before I put my AP Stage 1 map in. I don't know if Cobb removed the electronic speed limiter. I can attest to the fact that they raised the rev-limited. I will try and get back out on the 71 soon and push it up to 150 indicated on the speedo. Then it will be proven that the 132 limit is off or that the OEM speedometer is pure crap.

150 mph...now we're talking. I have yet to push the LGT that far. Though i'm not really sure if i have the revs for that, seems like i was pretty high up in the rpms at about 125. Once i get my front wheel fixed i'll give it a whirl and see if i can find the top end./ Side note..is the speedo good for 150 or 160?.. I'm too lazy to go look :), at least till i leave for work.

seems like i was pretty high up in the rpms at about 125.

It may be high, but 4th redlines at right about 120, so 5th certain has some more....MT of course, this might be different with the auto...

Not sure if i would want to go much faster than 120 though on the stock tires

Cool cool, like i said, i have never pushed it all the way, just nooticed things were winding down. Tires don't worry me much. I pushed my camaro past the 155 speedo indication numerous times for somewhat lenthgy periods and those were factory tires. And i have the MT as well. I'll do my best to get an exact reading from my car..give or take a couple miles an hour since it is in denominations of 10, onc ei get my front wheel fixed..then we can all start comparing and see how accurate the speedo is.. so everybody go jump in your car and take it to the max :)

Archived