LegacyGT.com

Front passenger Speaker Rattle -> Solutions?

WaywardWit

Damn I have the same issue. I honestly think the speaker is blown though. The music has to be on for my crap to rattle. We'll see....Pulling it all apart tomorrow.

Did you manage to fix the rattle? I wedged something into the map pocket on my passenger door and that seems to have gotten rid of 90% of the rattle. I'm thinking I need to take the panel off and put in sound deadening material or something to keep the panel from rattling.

Did you manage to fix the rattle? I wedged something into the map pocket on my passenger door and that seems to have gotten rid of 90% of the rattle. I'm thinking I need to take the panel off and put in sound deadening material or something to keep the panel from rattling.

this is what I was thinking. With my hand spreading the map pocket open it goes away. will prob throw something in there.

Mine goes away by spreading the map pocket or pressing on it, also.

I wish everyone with this problem would just take it to the dealer. I'm all for getting something done right by doing it yourself (that's usually my philospohy); but these are brand new cars..it shouldn't be our problem. I've had at least 3 of the exact same annoyance issues (like this one) in my last 3 Legacies ('06, '08, '09) and the dealer is still saying a TSB hasn't been issued for any of them. 2 of them are rattles in the exact same places. Gotta give it to them for consistency. I've already warned my service tech that I have a rattle list for him.

I have the same rattle and noticed that the sun visor on the passenger side was making most of the noise.

YES! I found the same thing very shortly after we brought our LGT home. Instead of the mirror thing, I thought the rattle was coming from the little slide-out extender thing. I will probably end up just ripping the extender thing off, unless I come up with something a little more elegant:lol:

I had the same issue as well, I installed a custom sub myself but i think what really got rid of the rattle were the Bass Blockers I installed.

If your not installing a subwoofer and simply want to rid yourself of the rattle these should do the trick http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127BB15...=bass+blockers

What size are our speakers, front and back, and ohmage? I'm trying to figure out which model to get... Cutting out everything below 150 Hz should do the trick right? :confused:

I had the same issue as well, I installed a custom sub myself but i think what really got rid of the rattle were the Bass Blockers I installed.

If your not installing a subwoofer and simply want to rid yourself of the rattle these should do the trick http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127BB150A2/Bass-Blockers-150-Hz-cut-off.html?search=bass+blockers

planning to do the same thing on my 09 spec (w/ HK amp/navi). but ... here is the problem i found: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121748

thanks,

mark

• 2 months later...
This weekend, I worked on a very loud and very annoying rattle in the front passenger door which has been getting steadily worse over the last 6 months or so. After a bit of looking, it turned out to be the seam where the rest of the door panel meets up with the speaker panel trim. If you look at the top edge of the speaker grill, on the back side of the door panel, there are a couple screws that hold it all together. I pulled those out and applied some black all-weather silicone caulk to the seam and the screw mounts. Screwed the panel back together tightly and let it set up for a while. Reinstalled the door and wa-la! No more rattle. The caulk is completely unnoticeable as well, so added bonus for that. Hope it helps!

• 1 year later...
This weekend, I worked on a very loud and very annoying rattle in the front passenger door which has been getting steadily worse over the last 6 months or so. After a bit of looking, it turned out to be the seam where the rest of the door panel meets up with the speaker panel trim. If you look at the top edge of the speaker grill, on the back side of the door panel, there are a couple screws that hold it all together. I pulled those out and applied some black all-weather silicone caulk to the seam and the screw mounts. Screwed the panel back together tightly and let it set up for a while. Reinstalled the door and wa-la! No more rattle. The caulk is completely unnoticeable as well, so added bonus for that. Hope it helps!

That sounds like a chore, but italso sounds worth it as this rattle has been driving me INSANE!

Archived