LegacyGT.com

bracket for Legacy???

jesse_h

Anybody know if somebody makes a vehicle specific cell phone mount for the Legacy GT? I am talking about the Pro-Fit type brackets that slip into seams in the dash without needing screws to attach? I want to find a decent mount for my handsfree cup for my LG.

Also, has anybody gotten the Delphi MyFi and had it long enough to comment on it? I want to put XM in my Legacy but am torn because of no decent place to mount the display. Thanks

jesse_h

Jesse: I got my LGT about a week ago and have installed my XM. I replaced my SkyFi with a MyFi and LOVE it. I got the MyFi when it first came out and have nothign abd to say about it. I had a ProFit bracket for my Durango and I loved it. Unfortunately nobody makes one for the 05 Legacy, yet. What I ended up doing was buying the ProFit UltiMount ( http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/UltiMount/ ). For a universal mount it works great. The thing only costs $25 and it wont leave any marks. When I get a chance I will take a picture of it for you.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I bought one of those "Type S" phone holders and bent the bracket a bit to make a near perfect fit. Now to remove those silly ass Type S stickers...

Jesse: I got my LGT about a week ago and have installed my XM. I replaced my SkyFi with a MyFi and LOVE it. I got the MyFi when it first came out and have nothign abd to say about it. I had a ProFit bracket for my Durango and I loved it. Unfortunately nobody makes one for the 05 Legacy, yet. What I ended up doing was buying the ProFit UltiMount ( http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/UltiMount/ ). For a universal mount it works great. The thing only costs $25 and it wont leave any marks. When I get a chance I will take a picture of it for you.

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear you like your MyFi, that looks like a great combination, I love the thought of being able to take it between vehicles and the house all on one subscription. How would you say that wireless transmission works? I see people post that they don't think it is very good quality.

Are you using the Pro-Fit mount for your phone or the MyFi? Pictures would be great!

Jesse

Jesse: The FM wireless transimitter built into the MiFi is close to the quality of the SkiFi2. The problem for me is in North Jersey there are so many FM radio stations that at some part in my commute I do hear interference. It works for now and is bearable. I used the MyFi in my Durango with a casette tape adapter and it sounded great. I listen to O&A so its a lot easier to hear the static then say listening to music. The input mod these guys figured out here on the board will work for a line in, but I dont like the idea of using a CD. After someone comes up with something a little better I will do a hardware input.

I dont have any pictures of the MyFi in my LGT but I will take a pic in the next few days and post it for you. I am using the ProFit UltiMount. Any questions, PM me.

Archived