LegacyGT.com

Where to have fun on the Front Range?

danbart

So....where does one go to have a bit of fun with ones Suby?

Any track open days or autocross events one can occasionaly participate in?

PMI is a bit far and the track by DIA shut down last year, what other options are there?

The Bridgestone ice course in Steamboat seems pretty sweet!

Thanks Dan

i don't track my car. however i drive up into the Nederland area and cruise the higher elevations when it's sunny. i dunno the number of the road but it's canyon ave here in boulder and you just follow that up into the mountains. plus nederland has a gorgeous lake and the town is pretty cool to grab some lunch. the roads also have ALOT of extra room on the sides incase you get a little squirly and slide, all gravel/dirt no big boulders and such.

granted your a little under 1.5 hours to get up there. but that's where i go when i want to do some cruising, i'm not doing 140, but you can go fast enough and still catch the amazing views. it's about 9,000ft above elevation at the town - and some of the roads will get you to about 12k. great spring/summer area to drive and camp if your into that stuff.

brian

The only track that I'm aware of that are close to Denver Metro area is Colorado State Patrol Track in Golden. But just about all the track days are in spring, summer or early fall. Your best bet is to find a nice mountain road, other wise you just have to wait till spring.

Archived