LegacyGT.com

Brembo Brake Upgrade for 2006 LGT Wagon

J-Cobb

I need some tech help PLEASE!

I want to purchase a full Brembo kit for my 2006 LGT Wagon as I feel that the stock calipers are weak and inadequate. I thought I could improve my braking situation by upgrading the following:

G-Stop Braided Lines

Slotted Performance Rotors

Hawk Pads

Motul Fluid

Perrin Master-Cylinder (stiffener bracket)

Still no such luck in getting the performance up to my standards. My brakes are still shitty, and I get fade in them whenever I drive the car harder then your everyday usage. (no air in the lines / I have proper Hawk street pads as well)

I've seen some 2004 WRX STI kits for sale which will fit my LGT Wagon - however, I have after-market WORK EMOTION XT-7's which are 18" x 8.5" and i think a large enough offset +45 or +48? (help me out here) and not sure what to do......The kit is too expensive to buy and ship - and still I'm left with the question of will it fit

Does anyone run a BREMBO kit on their wagon with after-market rims? What off-set os needed? and if so can you help a brotha out by sending me some info PLEASE....

I found a used set of BREMBOS off of a 2002 Japanese Spec WRX which I was told may fit.....Again, I'm in the dark with this one. No one in my local area has a pair that we could try on - nor do I want to spend $4,000 for a set that wont fit due to the rim clearance -and then ontop of that having a headache of sending them back.

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.:)

Define "whenever I drive harder than everyday usage". Do you haul pea gravel in the back of the wagon and drive down canyon roads, or are you fading the brakes while autocrossing/tracking the car?

The stock calipers aren't really that bad and the OEM size rotors are relatively large in comparison to other stock systems. What type of rotors did you upgrade to? Are they directionally vented? WHat Hawk pads are you using, both front and rear?

ignore him, he'll go away.

stock OEM LGT brakes are about 50% LARGER than WRX brakes. this is why the WRX guys jump all over the LGT front rotors and brakes. it's a good upgrade for them. unless you got a lot more power under that hood, the OEM brakes are more than sufficient (this is coming from a late braker).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I totally agree. The stock front brake rotors are so large that 4-piston kits reuse the same rotors. They have a lot of surface area and they're thick. Plus the rear rotors are vented! How many stock sub-30 grand cars have that degree of braking system. Pads, fluid, and stainless lines are all that is required to auto-X this car unless, like Hope pointed out, you can't "late brake" anymore with your mad engine. :D

Archived