LegacyGT.com

Hey

outback07

Hey How are you guys doing.

I m going to be doing a custom pop out tv install on my outback.

I m not going to be disconnecting anything on the stock radio.

I m going to be have a dual system an Experiment i thought of.

Can i tap on to the the electrical cables needed to power the pop out tv to the oem radio suck as power , illumination, dimmer etc. I m going to cut the power cable going from the radio harness of the oem radio and put a switch so when i have the pop tv on i can make sure there not both on and end blowing something. Can this be done or is there an easier way of tapping onto something else.any suggestions if this ok i m gonna surprise you with something all

it

pretty good how are you doing?

not bad drivin around with no a** (rear bumper)

sent out a order at 1stsubaruparts and wanted 150 for shipping

now sent out another with subarugenuineparts waiting to see wat happens

so you think its a good idea the way i wanna wire

Hey How are you guys doing.

I m going to be doing a custom pop out tv install on my outback.

I m not going to be disconnecting anything on the stock radio.

I m going to be have a dual system an Experiment i thought of.

Can i tap on to the the electrical cables needed to power the pop out tv to the oem radio suck as power , illumination, dimmer etc. I m going to cut the power cable going from the radio harness of the oem radio and put a switch so when i have the pop tv on i can make sure there not both on and end blowing something. Can this be done or is there an easier way of tapping onto something else.any suggestions if this ok i m gonna surprise you with something all

I would recommend tapping 12V at the ignition harness with a fuse holder. Then you don't have to worry about whether they are on at the same time. You're creating more work than you have to. This is coming from a veteran 12V installer.

Here's the indicator...Look how fat the red wire is (gauge). What size do you think the wire on the other side of the box is? A big fuse also allows more power to pass to your red wire before popping. Looks like trouble. A smaller gauge wire on the other side of the box isn't designed for up to 70A. It will melt and can catch fire. A 20A fuse would be much better if you must use this method.

Anyhoo :p

Grab your power at the ignition with the proper size fuse (see what the amperage draw of your tv is and put a slightly larger fuse in).

for example: If the T.V. says it draws 15 amps, put a 20A fuse in line with the wire going from the larger 12V wire (at ignition) to the T.V.

The point of grabbing your power at the ignition is those are often the largest gauge wires in the car and are therefore most able to handle extra power being drawn off them.

i think i am running the boost gauge and egt with that. but + 1 on tapping somewhere else for something that big of a draw.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Archived