LegacyGT.com

Nate Wade and dash rattle repair?

doccrowley

Anybody been to Nate Wade in SLC for the dash rattle repair? Warranty mgr denied knowing anything about it this morning!

Anybody have any specific suggestion of who to deal with at Nate Wade?

thanks for looking and for your help!

go to mark miller....they are way better to deal with!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Mitch the service writer at Nate Wade knew about the dash rattle and said they'd try and fix it without removal of the dash.

Colton, the tech that did the work used the "zip-tie" method to fix the dash rattle. Something about tightening up everything to pull away rubbing from dash, or windshield or both??????

That was 1 week ago and it's been great ever since. They also performed 4 other warranty fixes for me while doing my 30,000 mile service.

Overall, it was a great experience.

Mitch the service writer at Nate Wade knew about the dash rattle and said they'd try and fix it without removal of the dash.

Colton, the tech that did the work used the "zip-tie" method to fix the dash rattle. Something about tightening up everything to pull away rubbing from dash, or windshield or both??????

That was 1 week ago and it's been great ever since. They also performed 4 other warranty fixes for me while doing my 30,000 mile service.

Overall, it was a great experience.

any possible way you can explain their process further? I have a slight dash rattle that i would like to remedy... i am going to replace my cabin air filter whenever it decides to warm up (ok above freezing at least!) this way i will have most of my dash off... and i'd much rather do it myself, therefore learn from the process and become a semi-shade mechanic lol :)

is it just a simple tightening of the interior dash? my car seemed fine when i first bought it... no 'rattles' at all (at 21k) am now at 33k and the right dash seems to have a 'rattle/shake' to it...if they zip-tied what did they tighten? i hated it when my old grand am gt had a rattle to the dash, and it's happening again in my LGT! this is my biggest upgrade to a car i don't drive it THAT hard the dash should break loose!;)

thanks! :)

brian

Get some backer rod from homedepot and stuff them in between the gaps on the dash. It works pretty well. The TSB's solution to the rattle is to snip off some of the anchors, which IMHO would just make things worst.

Archived