LegacyGT.com

rotating tires

Hello

I have a 2003 Legacy Sedan and I noticed that in the manual it says you should not rotate the tires left to right. I usually change my own oil and rotate my tires at that time. For all my other cars (RWD or FWD) I rotate front to back and left to right. I'm not clear on why you couldn't rotate the tires left to right on this car? I understand that you want even wear on all the tires, that makes sense to me.

Yes you right some tires are directional and should not be moved left to right. In this case it is not the tires. When I open the tire paperwork that came with the car it states that the tires can be rotated left to right but to refer to the owners manual. I assume Subaru does not want the tires rotated left to right because of the AWD system, just wondering if anyone has more detail on why that would be.

The only thing on the AWD system that I can think of is the center diff but I don't see how rotating tires left to right would matter. You will always want to rotate your tires front to back regularly so they wear evenly and stay at about the same diameter. This helps with the wear and tear of the center diff but I don't think rotating left to right would make any difference... :confused:

Archived